12 • Stealing Glances

Payal

Payal

Running to my room, I closed the door. My wet footprints were everywhere but I could care about that less now as my heart was beating so loud inside.

With trembling fingers I touched my lips where he touched too. Oh my God.... His stare..... His silent stare told me so many things. So many things which I didn't need to know...

I looked at my wet body where his shawl was wrapped. He gave it to me. Oh my God! Do I need more incidents to give myself heart attacks!?

Unwrapping the shawl I took it in my hand. Even looking at it, was making me shy, nervous and what not.... I took it near my nose & smelled the fragrance.

The shawl was smelling like him.

I remember the moment Rajkumaar placed his shawl upon my shoulders, the world around me faded into a blur. The weight of the fabric was nothing compared to the weight of my affection for him. In the quiet of my room, I held the shawl close, breathing in the lingering scent of shawl which felt so similar to his fragrance.

It was more than just a garment. It was a caress from the one I secretly adored.

I closed my eyes, allowing my mind to paint a portrait of rajkumaar. In my heart, a symphony played, a melody of longing and hope.

I felt the whispers of butterflies in my stomach.

Every bit of this feeling was making me feel startled , yet very good. Surely more than good.

I sat on the floor, looking at shawl and thinking if he allowed himself to look at me just like the way I did. If he allowed himself to think about me just like the way I did.

We mean it or not, but we were tied in a knot of fate somehow and maybe this is why all my feelings are valid.

Or maybe he really did....

Maybe he too feels something for me...

Can't he?

✨✨✨after few days ✨✨✨

Veer

Few days passed away. I tried my best to not meet Payal. To not think about her. To not recall any of our encounters. But nothing really worked anymore. Surprisingly she too did not come to my chamber. She did not try to talk to me as well.

Payal was so different from others. All these years, I have faced so many tantrums of different women. Some tried to seduce me while some tried to act innocent. But payal never followed these steps and still there was an unknown and strange bond between us.

And day by day the bond was being hard only.

She was my wife. Even if it's in the veil of darkness, a secret but it is the truth between us too. She could try to act like those women as well. She could try to come closer to me. She could try to ask for things and take the advantage of that night.