1 • The Deadly Encounter

Payal

Payal

Sweat was all around my body and I saw the worst nightmare of mine being true. Everyone present here was mocking at me. Nobody tried to save. My heart thumped louder when a man tried to touch me. I took few steps away from him. My tears were not stopping. I was lifeless within a moment.

" Pl...please leave me...please l..let me go.. " Joining my arms, I pleaded looking at them. There was a woman sitting in the middle. I requested looking at her, hoping that she will understand my pain but no..she did not even spare a look at me.

My fear was getting deeper now. I saw a man marching to me and gripping on my waist tightly.

" Le..leave me.." I couldn't stop myself from screaming.

" I am taking her for tonight " He stated and looked at me with that lusty eyes.

My hands, legs became cold. So cold. I was numb. Now maybe my tears denied to flow. I wonder why my heart is still beating. Couldn't I just die? Why did my father have to do this to me? If I was the problem, he could just kill me. Why did he do this to me?

" Come with me you sl## " He roared before dragging me to somewhere. " No... Noo... Please nooooo.. " I begged, screamed on the top of lungs, praying that someone hears me and saves me.

" You dare to say no " Glaring at me, at once he placed a slap on my cheek. And the next grip I felt was on my hair. He gripped my hair tightly and started to drag me again.

" Ahhhhh " The pain was too much.

But maybe something was paining more. My heart. The pain of getting betrayed by my own people. My father. He sold me to a brothel. When I came to know this, I had nothing to do.

My steps trembled. I could not understand in which path to run, to whom to ask for help.

" Please let me go... Please " I again pleaded.

" You are lucky that you're coming with me tonight. I am picking a trash like you " He ended his words with an evil laugh. Now I was dead. Almost dead. My all hopes of saving myself died.

My vision started to be blurry. That man cupped my neck harshly. Panic clawed at my throat, each breath felt like a battle. My body started to feel unconscious.

Why God why?

Why? Did I deserve this?

Was I that bad?

That bad?

But then suddenly a rapid and determined footsteps reached me, their urgency breaking the silence. I did not know why but dared to lift up my lashes. I saw a man, wrapped in black clothes, had a black turban. He was broad. He looked like a commoner but his body language was nothing less than a warrior.