22 • Payal Played A Trick

Payal

Payal

" I want the touch of your lips on mine " He said, almost moving his lips on mine. A shiver ran to my spine hearing his words. Don't know if it was for him or for the cold wind.

I stayed silent but he pleaded this time. " Please. Only for once" He said tilting his said. I glanced at his lips. The thought of feeling those over mine, moving, sucking & biting fluttered my heart.

I had no words to deny. Maybe in deep down, I wanted that too but...... but.... not now.

" Payal please " His request came. "Should I be on my knees to ask for it? "

I could not help but smiled before pushing him away from me.

I fled from his chamber, leaving my giggles every corner. My heart was pounding in a riotous rhythm. I kept on running in the corridors until when I saw Chandni. She was approaching me, her hands cradling a plate of gulal. Her smile was as bright as the colours.

I stopped my legs this time and waited for her to come. But soon my eyes winded. Before she could reach me something happened. I saw her colliding with Rajkumaar Stavya.

The plate of gulal fell down on the floor but coloured both of them in pink.

" Oh no! Are you blind? Could not you see me? " I rushed to Chandni when rajkumaar roared in front of her.

Poor she was trembling like a leave in storm, her gaze was just down.

" Who the hell told you to run? " Rajkumaar's frustration was palpable as he ruffled his hair and eyes holding a piercing glare at her.

"Ma.. Maaf kar dijiye ra.. rajkumaar. Bhool ho gyi humse" Chandni's voice was barely audible, her lips quivering with the weight of her whispered apology.

(I am sorry... Prince... It was a mistake...)

Prince opened his mouth, maybe was about to thunder at her again but this time a shout came from back.

" Rehne do Stavya.. Utsav ke din kisiko dato mat"

( leave it Stavya. Don't scold anyone in the day of festival)

I turned around to find rajkumaar veer standing there. His voice, firm yet gentle.
A small smile curved on my lips hearing him. He saved Chandni.

My gaze fall on his kurta. He did not change the torn kurta and the colour was same visible on his body.

" What bhai? Did you play holi? Don't you hate it? " Suddenly Rajkumaar Stavya's words alerted my ears. He hates it but still played for me.

" And who coloured you like this? What happened to your kurta? " The round of questions were not stopping while I noticed rajkumaar veer coughing and clearing his throat.