17 • Wrapping Her Anklet

Payal

Payal

I rubbed my eyes when the first light of dawn fall on my face. I felt lazy to wake up. Rolling to the other side, I decided to keep my eyes closed for a few times more. The bed felt so soft & comfortable to me today.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I yawned and streched my arms & opened my eyes slowly. The first person whom I saw was Rajkumaar Veer. He was looking at me. Suddenly my eyes looked at the surroundings. I was.... I was at his chamber. And he... He was laying beside me, looking at me & awake.

I was shocked. I tried to move my body but failed when saw his big arm resting on my waist.

I gulped. This morning doesn't seem to be real. Am I still in dream?

" Suprabhat " His voice hit my ears.

( good morning)

Slowly my head again turned to him. I passed him an awkward smile. " Kshama kijiye hum... kal raat idhar hi so gaye... Humein pata hi nhi chala kabh.. " I managed to say but his expression did not change. Not even this much. He was looking at me with that cold gaze, serious face. Is he angry?

( I am sorry, I slept here last night. I could not even understand )

" Did not you sleep last night? " I ended up asking looking at his eyes. Don't know it felt like he hasn't slept. But why? Because of me? Did I trouble him in sleep?

Maybe you did & that's why he is angry now. No?

I kept on looking at him, waiting for an answer but he did not say anything. I sighed. I should really go. But again I could not because his grip on my waist wasn't that light.

" Umm.. Rajkumaar mujhe jana hai abh " I pointed at his hand .

( prince, I need to go)

He inhaled first and then in a swift motion, pulled my body towards him. I gasped because of the sudden movement. My eyes winded & I asked, " What.. What happened? "

" What happened? " He asked the same thing back. And his fingers slowly went to my back, holding the knots of my blouse. I felt like being pulled by him closer. Just to maintain a mere distance between us, I pressed my hands in between us. And helplessly my fists touched his hard chest. Only then I looked down and found him wearing nothing. His bare body was opposite of mine, laying beside me.

I gulped to wet my dry throat. My eyes discovered the veins popping up. His soft, unsteady breaths touched my face. I focused more there, how his chest was heaving up & down gradually.

I licked my lips suddenly as they have become dry too. Closing my eyes quickly, I tried to shake away all the dirty thoughts I was getting.

Soon his fingers started to move. They went upwards, stopped on the nape of my neck.