13 • Intertwining Fingers

Payal

Payal

It's been really some days, nearly one month & I'm staying here in the palace. Still the suspicious eyes & the questions didn't leave my side. No workers were interested in talking to me. I did not know why? Thankfully Chandni was not like them. Otherwise it would have been really hard for me to stay here.

I have been keeping the shawl with me. I did not know why I didn't give it back to Rajkumaar Veer yet. I didn't mind keeping it with me. It was kept in my trunk. In one corner, I gave that place very carefully. I don't even wrap it around my body. I just stare at that cloth in silence of the night and then drift into sleep.

But today I decided to give it back to him. I did not want myself to give birth to the slightest hope of being his woman. And that one piece of cloth was giving me fake hopes. I was just taking prince's gesture of kindness as something & that wasn't okay.

Holding the shawl within my hands I led my feet towards the direction of his chamber. Pushing the wooden door, I stepped in. Just as I took some steps inside, I started widening my eyes. I forgot to knock.

And now I was standing in the middle of his chamber.

Will it work if I still ask for permission? But I'm already inside.

"Pranam rajkumaar... H.. Hum aye the"

( greetings to you prince, I came here)

Though my eyes could not find him but I called him. The black curtains of his bed area were closed. I hoped that he'd be inside. Or maybe in the fencing area or maybe taking bath.

For once my eyes turned to the library area as well. Maybe he was there. His chamber was wide. I couldn't understand where to step in at first.

But standing here like a statue won't work too, Payal. I started to move my feet & slowly opened the curtains a little. Just a little. Just to peek a little inside.

My heart skipped a beat when I really saw him there. He was laying on his chest on the bed. His back was visible to me.

My mouth opened to utter his name, "raj.. rajkumaar v.. veer? " And just like everytime, I could not stop stuttering.

I waited for his response & he hummed in response. "Hmm" His that little hmm was enough to give me goosebumps. I didn't know why. I could already feel the loud heartbeats of mine.

I tried to my best to ignore that & stepped in. "Apka kuch saman wapis karne aye the" I muttered, my gaze lowered, acutely aware of his piercing gaze on me. stood in front of him. He was still laying on his chest & his eyes were on me.

( I came to return your stuff to you)

" Pakka wapis kar sakti ho na? "

( you sure you can give it back to me?)