Chapter 75 - Arc 5.5 [EDITED]

Chapter 75: Strategies for the Harem's Struggle for Favor (5)

     Tao Yuan was the first to be taken to the waiting room, which attracted all kinds of envy and hatred from other showgirls, mainly the children of civil officials on Ye Rong's side, and the imbalance in his (Ye Rong) heart was even more serious. The showgirls of the generals' family, although they were also jealous, were also a little sincerely happy for him (Tao Yuan).

     Because in this harem, there are very few people who can fight alone. Either the family background is strong enough or they are particularly favored. If others don't hold a group, it's hard to get favored.

     If Ye Rong is more favored, other people on Ye Rong's side will feel that they have a greater chance of being favored. If Tao Yuan is more favored, they will naturally feel that the people on their side have more opportunities to be favored. Because Tao Yuan and Ye Rong, as the leaders of both sides, will definitely have times when they cannot serve, then the opportunity will be their turn.

     It's a pity that they didn't know what Tao Yuan thought in his heart. Even if his lover was the emperor in this life, he didn't intend to share him with anyone. The others are not pitiful, they have nothing to do with him, they can blame fate if they want.

     On the third day, they only learn etiquette for half a day in the morning, and they can start to rest at noon.

     Everyone was reading or talking and chatting in the courtyard. Eunuch Xu suddenly brought people again. The person who was sitting and talking in the courtyard quickly got up and stood respectfully.

     Eunuch Xu walked directly to Tao Yuan's room, and Tao Yuan and Sun Yuan quickly stood up.

     “Manager Xu.” Tao Yuan and Sun Yuan bent over slightly.

    “Mu Xiaolang,” Eunuch Xu turned and took the tray in the hands of the little eunuch, and said to Tao Yuan, “This is the peaches from the tribute that Your Majesty has given to Mu Xiaolang.”

     Tao Yuan kneeled down on one knee immediately to express his thanks. “Thanking Your Majesty for the reward.”

     After Tao Yuan got up, he respectfully took the tray. Eunuch Xu stepped forward, put the tray in his hand, and then whispered, “Your Majesty asked Mu Xiaolang to remember to return the favor. The rose cake Your Majesty ate at the Queen Mother's place last time was very good.”

     Tao Yuan was taken aback for a moment and said, “Yes.”

     Seeing Eunuch Xu turn around and leave, Tao Yuan thought that this was the first time he had heard that the emperor had rewarded something and asked people to return the favor.

     In fact, Xiao Junye just found a reason for Tao Yuan to take the initiative to find him. He wanted to smell the fragrance of Tao Yuan's body, but he couldn't pick him up too often, and Tao Yuan didn't take the initiative to send him something, so Xiao Junye asked Eunuch Xu to remind Tao Yuan that he could take the initiative and give him something to eat and drink.

     After Eunuch Xu left, the attendants on Tao Yuan's side all ran in again, surrounded the table, and looked at the three watery peaches. These three peaches, each of which is as big as two fists, exudes a seductive fruity fragrance that makes people swallow their saliva.

     “It smells so good, I have never seen such a big peach.”

     “Of course you haven't seen it. This is a tribute, and only 20 or 30 are sent to the palace every year.”

     “It's really sweet. If you put it in the room all night, the whole room will be very fragrant.”

     “The whole house is very fragrant now. If you smell this smell and go to bed at night, you will dream that you are eating peaches.”