✗ thirty ✗

⚊ chapter thirty

As much as I want to turn myself not to care, all those thoughts keeps encircling my mind and thus, it had resulted me into a very deep contemplation.

"Hey, you've been spacing out on me for one hour now. What's up?", Sumin asked as we sat in the library after school doing homework.

I looked up from my book, "It's nothing. I'm only doing some thinking", I confessed.

"Thinking about what?", She prodded.

I sigh, deciding to confide in her, "I'm thinking of making it real with Jay"

Sumin furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Real? What are you talking about?"

I have never told Sumin about what I told Isa, so I knew she would've been confused. There was no need to tell her before or I'm still too unsure of that time with Jay, so I hadn't shared anything.

Then I began to tell her everything about Jay.

"So now I'm certain because of him, I'm over Sam", I said as I finished relaying story to her.

"Woah, that's nice to hear", Sumin stated, "But what's the problem in it?"

"I'm just worried because Jay and I never talked about making it real. I mean, it's obvious he wanted to be my boyfriend, he's just waiting for me to confirm it"

Sumin who was watching me pretty closely lifted her eyebrows at me when I said that.

"What I meant is that perhaps there's no need to doubt especially when we're already acting like one. It's just weird knowing how this is all started", I rushed to clarify.

Sumin placed her pen down into her open notebook and gave me her full attention, "It all started with a kiss, yes, I know that very well"

"Yes, you were there, of course", I said too quickly, but I knew there's still something bothering me.

I tried my best to avoid her intense gaze on me as I searched for more reasons to consider Jay.

"Right", She replied, "Well, I don't think you should doubt him given that he'd been good to you all this time"

"I'm not doubting him. I'm doubting myself, but I can't help to fall for him to the point I said to him that I already love him", I concluded, "What should I do?"

Sumin smiled, "Go on with the flow. Take it slow and trust your heart"

"Right, you and your hopeless romantic ass", I stated with a laugh.

Okay. So Park Jay is lovable. He's a tiny bit really extremely lovable.

The week went by quickly and now it was Saturday. I was currently home lying in bed with a lot of thoughts running through my mind.

Jay and I still kept up on seeing each other whenever we can, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he popped the inevitable question.

I suddenly shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. There is no problem between us, so why do I keep worrying about any third party? He did nothing to make me think about it.

I need to stop worrying about nonsense.

Finally getting up from my bed, I have to prepare for my meeting today with Jay's mom. Jay told me yesterday that she wanted me to go with them in a hiking trip in Dobongsan.

Who am I to say no to a nice mother of my soon-boyfriend for real?

After I came out of the shower, I got dressed into a casual clothes. Jay told me there's no need to be flashy, as if I'm the one who always take long in deciding what to wear.