✗ seven ✗

chapter seven

She sighs tiredly for the nth time beside me. Being questioned by my parents can do that to a person. But I must say she did well in pretending.

Maybe even more than I expected of her.

I was surprised when my dad told her she could call him by his name. Even Jaehyuk, my own cousin and his own nephew, still calls him Mr. Park for the sake of being formal. I don't know how but she seems to have made an impression on my dad.

If everything goes well, like Heeseung said, she could earned some points from him and he would be easier on me then.

"I'm tired of all the eyes. Can we at least go sit somewhere?", she asked and when I look at her, she really does look so done of all the people glancing at us.

I beckon for her to follow me and I take her to the garden, where it sat to the heart of the hotel. We find an empty bench before fountain that has koi fishes swimming around in it's water.

"How long do I have to stay here?", she asks, seemingly more relaxed when we're alone.

"You can leave after this event", I replied casually.

"When will the main event be?"

"In about an hour. They will socialized first", I elaborated as I kept my eyes on the fountain, "It was never a short-term ceremony"

She groans before leaning her head back in the bench and closes her eyes, looking frustrated.

I was quick to make a response, "Live with it. This is the consequences of you kissing me", I tell her.

She sighs again, "I didn't know, okay? I'm sorry"

While her eyes are still closed, I take a look at her. She looks beautiful in her dress, almost-fairy like. As my eyes slides over her body, they finally settled on her lips. Her lips were uneven, thin on the top and a bit thick on the bottom.

I couldn't imagine it had to be the one to steal my firt kiss.

"Why me?", I asks while still looking at it.

She opens her eyes, leading for me to look away from her lips and meet her gaze, "Huh?"

"Why? Why kiss me in the mall?"

She closes her eyes again, "You were alone and seemed distracted. My friends also thought you're one of the handsome people we saw that day, so it was easy to kiss you"

I bite my lips. Ironically, it was easy to kiss her too right now. I lean into her silently until our lips were only mere inches apart.

"Like this?", I asks, the sound of my voice vibrating in the small gap between us.

She opens her eyes and sees me being so close. Her eyes go wide before I decide to have fun by saying something.

"You know, I'm sick of you acting like this is my fault", I declared before and before she could stop me, I carried on without missing a beat, "If you didn't kiss me, then none of this would've happened"

Leaning away from the bench, she narrowed her eyes on me and I smiled at myself for being so pleasant, "You could've avoided it, but remember you lean in close when I gestured for you to come closer"

"What about the common sense of not kissing strangers out of nowhere or is that a normal habit for you?"

She didn't have anything to say to that and I scoffed, looking back to the swimming fishes. Eunjoo also didn't talk at me, making me study her from the corner of my eyes and I could see there's something bothering her.