✗ twelve ✗

chapter twelve

The whole time in the arcade yesterday, she didn't talk to me nor even bid me a goodbye in front of my friends. She was acting worse than a six year old and when I messaged her about her, she totally didn't give me a single reply.

Whether she talks to me or not, I don't care anymore.

That's what I said the night before. And yet, I could understand why my friends would laugh at me after I told them where I was going today after school.

I swear to myself I wouldn't do it, but I'm here, waiting for the kiss stealer in front of her school. A group of girls had stopped on their way out of the gates to take a look at me as if I'm a special attraction of the public.

I feel uncomfortable that I'm here leaning in front of my car, alone and wasn't sure if that girl would obey to my words. I texted her I'm here. She didn't reply. I was beginning to think she won't turn up to take back at me.

She's childish like that, in my opinion.

After a few minutes, I decided to leave to back at my friends, but then I see her running out of the gates, still in her sports clothes, sweaty, but still pretty. She stops at the sidewalk, stunned to see me standing there with my car behind me.

Then her face break into an excited smile, that unconsciously earned a smile from me too.

She's really pretty, I guess.

"I thought you're only joking", she says, eyeing me up and down.

"And I thought you wouldn't come out to see me", I say and she smiles. Can she stop it? I can't stop myself from doing the same.

"I was just testing you", she replies. It's scary how can she do that to me.

"Now that I'm here, are you happy then? I can leave, my job's done here", I say then push a button in my car, a sign I'm ready to leave any second.

"Thank you", she nods for me to go, but my feet can't move. My eyes were still on her happy ones.

It takes a lot in me to turn around for my car and felt everyone from her school is looking at us. I can see why she wanted to do this in front of the school. I even thought if her ex were anywhere in the audience.

Thinking of him, I turn back to her, "This is just a one time thing, so how about we give them more one excitement?", I asked.

"Like what?", she said, clueless, but I could see her eyes were wandering to a guy.

To a guy in the corner who was staring at her too, and the emotions in their eyes told me all I need to know. He's the fucking ex of hers.

"Let's kiss?", I try to catch her off-guard.

She nodded absentmindedly, eyes still on that ex-boyfriend.

I smirked. Her eyes widened when she processed what I said. It came as no surprise when I wasted no time in pulling her towards me.

I framed her face with one of my hands and ducked my head down to pressed my lips against hers. Even if I did it, I was the first to pull away as well, knowing that I shouldn't have liked the kiss as much as I did.

When I move away though, Eunjoo is grinning from ear to ear, "He saw that. It's working, Park Jay", she says, making me frown.

I shake my head at her and return to my car. I don't like the way she's still using me for a payback with that bastard.

She's not worth it for him.

What the hell is going on with me? I can't erase what Jay did to me this morning. Not only he gave me the favor I was asking, a kiss has occured and hell, I can't stop thinking about it the whole day, I asked my friends to distract me by going to the mall.