✗ three ✗

chapter three

Every so often, but not so often I lamented at how bad a son I was, I caught myself having ungrateful thoughts.

Some part of me could accept that part of my sadness and disappointment was justified; I am the only son of a rich man and he is expecting me to take after him.

But the far greater part of me is overwhelmed this morning, not from him. It was from the news my friend broke to me when I arrived at school.

As soon as I closed my car door and head towards the school building with Sunoo and Jungwon, I see Ni-ki running towards us with Jake trailing after him, being smaller don't really have it's perks.

Panting, Ni-ki says, "What the hell, hyung? Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend?"

I don't remember him getting hit in the head at their soccer practice yesterday, "What are you talking about?", I ask.

Jake shows me his phone. At first, I see a couple kissing in the mall then I look closer to see the guy is me. The poor, poor guy is me.

"Is that you, hyung?", Jungwon asks, leaning in my shoulder to take a closer look at the photo.

Sunoo is already gasping and I'm afraid he won't let me forget about it.

"Who's the girl? Why did you never introduce her to us?", he asked with a sulky face.

"It's because I don't know her in the first place. She's some crazy girl who kissed me out of nowhere and run away. She took my first kiss", I complained.

"Damn, girls are getting scarier day by day", Jake says, but the idiot has a wide grin as he looks at me.

"She's not your girlfriend?", Ni-ki asks, as though he would believe the girl than me.

"I'm scolding you that day, Ni-ki, when you had taken my car keys", I said to remind him of his crime that day.

"Look at the post. Every girls in this school are commenting and seriously, how come you never see it for yourself?", Ni-ki certainly ignored my words, as always.

Jungwon snorted, "He never even posted a lot, what would you expect? He's basically a nomad in Instagram"

"Come on, guys. She's not my girlfriend", I insited without looking at the post again, "It must be a prank or something for her and her friends"

"What if if isn't?", Sunoo persisted with his love for drama, "What would you do?"

"I don't care if it's just some sick pranks", Jake says, turning off his phone, "But rumors are circling around now, you should do something about it"

I sigh. I don't know why anyone would believe it. I don't date. I once had a very clingy and annoying girlfriend at my junior time. Never again would I try a love life at this age.

It could always wait for me in the future when I have least worries regarding my dad.

"Ask them to take it down", Jungwon suggested to Jake, who is thankfully, nodding. It sounds too much of a hassle for me to do it.

I don't even know the girl, and I never intend to confront her about it. It'll die down anyways in just a few days.

It's been a week since I'd seen that false photo. It turned out to be more troublesome than I thought as some of the girls who had a crush on me were bothering me to meet that supposed girlfriend of mine.

I didn't answer any of them, it's not like they have the right to demand such things.

Tired from the long study session between me and Ni-ki, who is by the way, is never that easy to tutor without your head wanting to explode at his habits from laughing in the most inappropriate times - I get out of my car and saw my dad's in the garage.