✗ six ✗

chapter six

When the next weekend rolled around, I found myself being presented with the reminder of the dinner from my friends.

Sieun gave me an apologetic look as did Sumin when J announced how I can never get out of this one. We were on the back patio of the house now, all of them watching me staring at nothing above my mom's rose vines.

"Let's tell him it's your twin, we could ask your brother to dress like a woman", Yoon suggests, making me grimace at the thought.

I crush the paper from my hand and throw it at her, "I'll never listen to that idea!"

Seeun snorts, "You should never listen to any of their stupid ideas, that's it"

"What if that stupid ideas could bring her a boyfriend, huh? A new hot boyfriend like that Jay?", Isa asked, wiggling her brows at Seeun.

It was her who suggested I kissed Jay at the mall, but she isn't the bit least guilty. As always the optimist, Isa believes there's something good that can come out of it.

"And by the way, because of that idea you were able to get back at your cheating bastard for an ex", she adds.

Yoon nods in approval.

"Did it work though?", I ask. I don't know if Samuel got jealous if he even saw it.

Lately, he had been avoiding me as well in school and from what I heard - Sumin spread the words around about him being a cheater with the help of an unexpected person, Samantha, his sister.

"Trust her, unnie", J says, grinning, "He's out there crying over losing you. Wanna go visit him?"

I give her a deadpan expression. Whenever she says, "Trust me or her", with that big-eating grin on her face, I'm beginning to do the exact opposite of her words.

I lean back on my chair, "Why does that Jay need a fake girlfriend anyway?"

"Remember what Hayoung told you?", Sumin joins this time, "He never had girlfriends even if so many girls wanted to in his school"

"Taehyun said he'd just like to keep to himself or his friends", Sieun says with a look.

"Whether it would be fake or not, why does he need me to be the girlfriend? He can take any of the willing girls then", I say as I thought of his face.

His face is so handsome and sculpted-like by the gods. With his popularity, no girls would say no to him including me. What did I just say?

"We don't know", Seeun replies thoughtfully.

"Why ask us? Why don't ask him?", J jokes. I crush another paper from my notebook and throw it at her.

"And why me?", I ask incredelously, "He could hire a girlfriend. He could've the money for it"

"Because you kissed him", Sieun reminds me, "You're from a different school, and it was more convenient that way, it would be more believable for you to be the girlfriend"

I sighed in stress, "I'm so, so screwed"

I'm having a phase of a bad luck since I found out my ex boyfriend had been cheating on me. I wasn't also thinking properly when I kissed the stranger and now I'm scared of him telling everyone the truth.

I'll be too embarassed to show my face to anyone, especially in front of Samuel.

"Relax, it's just dinner. It'll be over before you know it", Yoon grinned in amusement as soon as I started rubbing my forehead relentlessly.

Only two more hours until I have to face my fake boyfriend and his family, I thought.

Sumin drives me to the address of the dinner party that Jay texted me. It's some sort of a restaurant within a grand hotel and the dinner party looks more like a gala as we pulled into the entrance.