✗ one ✗

chapter one

I felt horrible when I woke up after the unintended end of an otherwise good relationship.

Waking up after crying yourself to sleep was never a pleasant feeling. My phone was sitting on the pillow beside me, buzzing. I saw that I had dozen calls and even more texts from my friends like Sumin.

The rest from Samuel. I sighed and shut it off before getting up and slowly walking downstairs.

No one in my family are around as always. My dad must be at work or somewhere else where it asked him to. My mom is, of course, a 'mama-ger' of my older brother, Eunwoo.

He's a rising rookie actor now and he kept me private from the public in order to not have his fans coming for me.

I loved the idea and that he's helping us now with the bills, but the situation had often left me alone in the house. Just like today.

What was I supposed to do now? Go back to pretend nothing had happened? Could I do it again?

Then it came to me. I had a choice. Could I really do that though? I haven't been able to do it the first time I was cheated on, but with everything that happened, perhaps it's about time.

I thought about Samuel. Samuel and Ari. Samuel and his broken promises. Everything that had happened between us. He had affected me in a lot of different ways. Maybe more than he should've.

He shouldn't be able to affect me so much. Especially after what he did.

That's when I made my decision. I was going to do it. I was going to follow through what my friends had in for me.

As I walked up the stairs to get ready for school, I typed one last message to Samuel and sent it.

You were going to regret doing this to me.. There's no apologies accepted. Thank you for being an asshole.

You're welcome.. You're free now to be the manwhore that you are.

Samuel called my phone a few times more on the way to school, but I ignored his calls. When his calls became incessant and annoying, I shut my phone off.

I didn't want to hear what he had to say. I didn't want to hear anymore little sweet lies from his mouth.

The following hour, I was at my locker waiting for Isa to turn up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see who it was.

When I saw the person, I turn around again. My anger is returning at the sight of the snake.

"I know that you hate me, but please listen", Ari said from behind me.

I ignored the eyes we were getting and turn to face her, "Why should I? You can't simply say it's an accident.. Oh yes, your mouth was so slippy, it shoved down his throat. Unbelievable"

She held her head down and sighed, "I'm sorry"

"Are you sorry because you were with my boyfriend or because you were caught?", I asked, bringing my bag to my shoulder.

"It's not like that", she said, "Look, Eunjoo, I have liked Samuel for a long time now, so I couldn't help myself when he approached me. It was like a dream come true, but I didn't mean to hurt you. Please believe me"

"Wait.. How long has this been going on?", I asked, even though I didn't want to hear the answer.

She brushed her bleached violet hair behind her ear before looking down guiltily, "Four months", she whispered.