"He's not a child Jonas, it pains us more than it does you, but Lars knows what's wrong or right. Shame is what made him say all those things. He covered his culpability with arrogance. He'll come around. If he doesn't, well, I guess he isn't the man I thought he was," Jonas's father said solemnly.

Almost a year after, no one brought up his name. His absence left a void, but none spoke of him.

"Jonas."

The man turned and smiled at his wife while Millie came and picked up her cousin.

Malia's eyes switched from her cousin to her father.

What was happening?

There she was, having the time of her life with the dad of her life. What was this interruption?

The little girl stretched out her hands to her father only to be told off.

"No malia, come with me. It's your nap time."

"Il faut faire dodo, Malia," Sierra added.

The little girl's expression darkened as she knew her mother's word was law. Malia looked up at Millie, who smiled, and they walked back to the spot under the parasol set for the babies.

Joshua's twins laughed as Millie gathered the younger children for their nap. The boys were happy to be no longer obliged to follow the ritual.

"Leone, you too. Come here," the girl yelled.

"Non, Olly, viens."

"Woof," Leone ran in his parent's direction, leaving the triplets to their fate.

Sierra and Jonas walked, hand in hand. It was the first time since the birth of the triplets they didn't feel they had to run. With Millie around chaperoning the babies, the parents benefited from little moments alone.

"I love Halmstad; it's one of my favorite places in Sweden."

"I guess the first place is by the pond," Jonas said.

Sierra shook her head "no."

Jonas frowned, "then where ?"

The woman stopped and stepped in front of Jonas, "my favorite spot in Sweden is in your arms."

"Aww, stop it, Sierra. You'll make me blush."

"You're blushing already," Sierra said.

"See ."

"How can you be so bashful?" Sierra asked and grabbed his cheeks.

"Look who's talking."

"Maman."

The couple turned to see Leone running full speed towards them. His hairband had fallen, and his hair swayed in the wind.

Leone grabbed his father's leg, "no nap," he yelled.

"Leone, you're still little. You need your nap."

The boy frowned, "Je suis grand, [I'm grown]."

Leone didn't understand. His parents constantly told him he was a big boy and that he needed to be an example. Then they told him he was little and he needed naps.

Sierra crouched down to his level, "it's true, Leone, you're a big boy, but don't you want to be tall like dad and your uncles?"

The argument was a good one. Leone admired his father and uncle's height. He, too, wished to be tall and capable of lifting his mother like a rug when he wanted.

"Oui, je veux être grand, [yes, I want to be tall]."

"Well, you have to take naps to do that, and you know Malia doesn't sleep without her big brother."