SUSPICIOUS

Not one instant went without a kiss or a moment where they didn't seek skinship.

The honeymoon phase was something else for the couple who held back for so long. Now there was no refraining. They had no problem with PDA, especially in a place without a public.

For the first time since they knew each other, they were careless. Jonas discovered another woman, Sierra, his wife, was more affectionate than he imagined.

The man had the impression she spoilt him when all Sierra did was over love that seemed overdue. After the first frustrating days, their facial traits finally relaxed as they fully appreciated each moment and the paradisiac decor surrounding them.

"Hey, Jonas," Stephan said when he saw the couple walk into the Banyan restaurant on their last night at the Royal Davui.

"We haven't seen you guys in days. We wondered if you were still alive. Take a seat."

As always, Stephan was popcorn popping with joy.

Jonas sketched a nervous smile as he imagined what went through Sierra's mind. To his surprise, his wife's face remained settled in its bliss. She even happily sat at the Ackerman's table.

"You look fantastic, Sierra. You're radiant," Cynthia remarked while her eyes said sex does wonders.

"So, what have you guys been up to?" Stephan asked.

Sierra and Jonas looked at one another other.

"Eh, we've been relaxing," Jonas said while caressing Sierra's hand. The gesture drew Cynthia's attention. She noted the couple's complicity heightened. "And what have you been up to?" Jonas returned.

Cynthia grinned and answered when she noticed Jonas addressed himself to her, "we went diving and visited other islands. I'm dead broke; the Fiji islands are bad for finance."

Jonas realized that the Ackermans rarely stayed in their bungalow, unlike them and the other newlyweds on the island. They seemed well over their honeymoon stage. Again the old couple theory came back.

The waiter arrived, and they ordered. Stephan resumed, "what will you do tomorrow?"

"We're leaving," Sierra hurried to say.

"Oh really, it's a shame we were just becoming friends," Stephan exclaimed.

"Why leave so soon?" Cynthia asked. Her gaze switched from Sierra to Jonas.

"Well, our little boy is waiting for us, and Jonas has a business to run."

"Aww, Sierra, you already have a child together. How old is he?"

Sierra smiled nervously, "he's one year and a half."

Sierra didn't go into details Leone was her son, period. She wasn't going to start explaining the circumstances. Jonas followed in her lead. They had no reason to confine themselves to the Ackerman.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom," Sierra said. She wanted time out on the conversation. The Ackerman blew her no-stress bubble within a minute.

"I'll go with you. My bladder is exploding," Cynthia said.

The woman left the men. Stephan waited for their silhouettes to disappear to question Jonas again, "so, going back to work?"

"Yes, I have a lot of pending projects."

"You must be happy to see your son," Stephan said before taking a sip of his cocktail.

"Yes, I miss him a lot. He's growing up so fast; I'm sure he has changed already."

"Kids are great."

"Yeah, I'd like to have a least four or five kids," Jonas said with a grin.