PLAY POSSUM

People spoke, but all Jonas heard were soundless words. The man followed his sister out of the airport with the automatic stance of a robot; Jonas got in Elsa's car with his father. Another police car opened the way while the other closed behind them.

Jonas only revived once seated, "Elsa, speak."

"Jonas, please, calm down. "

"I can't, tell me, now."

Elsa began to explain. During that time, Lars made a u-turn. He was heading to his parent's house, where the whole family gathered when he got Rut's call. The man had to park to speak; otherwise, he, too, would have had an accident with what Rut revealed. Ten minutes later, Lars was at Rut's house.

"Rut, please tell me you have nothing to do with this."

"Lars, I didn't do anything," the woman lashed out, "I didn't know he'd do this. He killed Sierra, IㅡI. He has Jonas' son."

The man grasped the woman's shoulders and shook her, "Rut listen. You have to tell the police."

"No."

"You have to tell them," Lars insisted; he had to. The information Rut held was vital.

"I don't want to go to jail."

"RUT."

"NO," the woman yelled back, "I won't do it. If I do, the police will arrest you too."

Lars frowned, "why, I have nothing to do with this?"

"You told me. You're the one who gave me all the information during all this time."

Manipulative Rut was back in business. All the woman had to do was persuade Lars they were in the same boat. Rut counted on Lars's cowardness and will to survive.

The man was no fool. It was a hoax too many for Lars. His voice roared like a thunderclap, "BUT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU'D SCHEME TO KIDNAP MY NEPHEW."

"NEITHER DID I," Rut screamed back.

The veins around Lars's eyes popped. Rut barely had time to turn away as the man began to drag her along to her house's door, "you are coming with me to tell the police everything."

"No, I refuse to give a testimony." The woman pulled back and gripped the door frame.

Lars turned to face her, "you screwed me with your bullshit about wanting me. Now listen, I don't give a shit whether you or I go to jail. I must save my nephew."

The man's mind exploded. Leone wasn't just Jonas' son he was also Sierra's. Leone was his nephew, the boy he had grandparents, who were one step closer to death with fright at that instant.

Rut fought; she refused to go to the police leaving no choice but for Lars to call Elsa.

The unexpected call rang while Elsa drove, making it impossible for the inspector to speak without Jonas hearing, just as it was useless to tell the man to keep out of the investigation.

"Elsa, you're telling me to stay out of this when my wife and son are missing. Rut and Lars are involved. Are you kidding me?"

"Jonas, you'll only get in the way. I'm not even supposed to be on this."

The woman put her job on the line, posing her insignia on the table in front of her superintendent. They either let her participate or else Sweden would resemble Taken x John Wick in the theaters of hell.

Elsa refused to see her brother suffer another loss. She managed to deploy a substantial number of officers within Stockholm but had the borders covered with her boss's support.