ANOTHER DAY

Jonas stood in the middle of the room, part of him wanted to tire everything apart, but the man did not resolve to do so.

The apartment walls closed in every day, trapping both Sierra and him.

Too many memories resided in each room, mostly happy ones, but the recent events made the man resent his home.

For the wealthy man, the solution to his problem was simple.

He grabbed his phone and dialed, "Hej Anders,ㅡ let's say I've been better. ㅡno, I don't want to discuss my life with a real estate agent."

Jonas began to pace, "I want to sell my apartment. The one in Stockholm,ㅡI know. It's just I can't live here anymore."

The man never thought he would say such a thing someday. His Stockholm apartment was the first property he ever bought. Now despair trampled the affection he had for his home.

The bedroom he prepared to welcome their son, the bathroom, and the halls all were now decors of a horror movie that replayed in his mind daily.

Jonas could only imagine how Sierra felt when he saw how she could not bear the sight of the place. The woman mainly stayed in the guestroom. Their bedroom was Jonas' asylum. The man tossed, turned, sat up, and paced every night since Sierra's miscarriage.

If only he woke up that night?

Why didn't he? Of all the times, why?

He forgot the conditions he imposed on himself as he ran about trying to figure out how to counter the Gauthiers. Even on that day, he exhausted himself, and so he slept.

Jonas sighed, "I want a deal sealed as quickly as possible. I don't care about the price. Just get rid of it."

How to cope with grief?

In Jonas's case, his financial means allowed him to liquidate the visible, but it could not heal his heart or his wife's.

"Sierra, are you hungry?"

Every day, he asked the same question through a closed door. The more the days passed, the more the man dreaded the unimaginable.

Could this be the end of them?

No.

Jonas kicked the idea out continuously. He loved her, and they would get through this.

He loved her, and Sierra loved him, the man affirmed only to ponder once more.

Those feelings of love were before; what was it of them now?

Did Sierra still have sentiments?

Could she still value him after everything that happened?

The man unconsciously walked himself into solitary confinement in his mind. If Sierra doubted at first concerning their story, it was she who made the most considerable sacrifices to be with him.

His wife couldn't even leave the country for the comfort of her homeland because of the Gauthiers. Jonas felt accountable. He sunk into an abyss where his consciousness activated all triggers, anxiety, stress, and panic, all poked and taunted him.

The man had to find a focus point.

Where many would drown sorrow in alcohol and other addictions, Jonas decided to focus on his child.

Leone was alive and well.

Though both parents suffered, they had a responsibility toward Leone. And there, where Sierra could not demonstrate her love, Jonas doubled on the efforts.