We Meet an Aura

Amber wasn't sure how to feel about leaving Leo. For one, he had Emerald, who would definitely tear apart anyone who came close to him. For two, he was Leo. And, no matter how much Amber loved him, that made her immediately wary of leaving him alone with a snake with extremely violent tendencies and an immortal—thing with equally, if not more, violent tendencies. For three, they were on a quest. Quests were like horror movies: split up, immediate death and/or pain. But, as Khione led them away from Cal and her friend, she realized she didn't have much of a choice.

As they climbed the icy staircase, Zethes stayed behind them with a newly-summoned sword drawn, something Amber didn't feel too happy about. 

When they were about halfway up the staircase, someone rushed up to Khione.

"Your Highness, one of the mortals had clear vision and saw the dragon," the new arrival gasped out, panting. Amber's glasses informed her the new arrival was a female aura named Celeste. She was pretty, in a way that reminded her of Grover's sister, Maple. She had pastel blue hair and pointed ears, a small amount of freckles, and startlingly bright jade eyes.

Khione frowned at Celeste. "Well, do something about it, then," she snapped.

"Um..." The aura looked down, seeming sheepish. "That's what I came here for. I don't know what to do."

The snow goddess glared at Celeste. "All right. I'll take care of the mortal. You take these humans to my father."

Celeste bowed. "Y-yes, Your Highness."

Khione disappeared in a whirl of snowflakes. 

Celeste looked back at the demigods. "Um, hi. My name is Celeste Softcloud. I-I guess I have to take you to Lord Boreas, now."

"Hey, Celeste." Amber smiled at her. "I'm Amber Castellan. This is Piper McLean, and Jason Grace." It was safe to use his last name now, since Khione said it earlier.

Zethes scowled at the aura. "Hurry on with it, then. I have things to do, and I'd rather not stand here all day, listening to useless introductions, when I could be scheduling another hair appointment."

Celeste nodded. "O-of course." She led Amber, Jason, and Piper up the staircase, floating slightly above the stairs.

Amber looked over at Jason. He seemed lost in his own world. She lightly touched his arm. "Hey. You still with us?"

"Yeah...yeah, sorry," he said.

"No worries," she half-smiled at him.

Amber decided to make small talk with the only civil thing that lived around here--or she assumed Celeste lived around here, anyway. She wasn't sure.

"So, Celeste, you work here?" she asked.

"Um, sort of," Celeste replied. "I owe Lord Boreas a favour. It's almost paid, though. He said this is the last day I'll have to work here for." Although Amber could tell she was telling the truth, there was something in her tone and eyes that made it seem like she didn't believe what she was saying.

"How long have you been working here for?" she questioned the aura.

"Um...three years? It was a pretty big favour, though, so it makes sense," she said.

Three years working for/with Khione? That seems harsh.

"What was the favour?" Piper asked curiously.

"He made sure it didn't snow on my garden for a year," Celeste informed them.

"Oh. Is your garden where you get all your food from?" Amber asked.