Everyone Except Jason and I Pass Out Because They're WEAK

Amber wasn't sure what to say. Somehow, "Oh, yeah, you two, the people who have slowly become my best friends over the past month and a half, are half-god. And, yes, I did know about it the entire time," didn't seem sufficient.

Nah, that'll be perfect, Emerald's voice drawled in her head.

Shut up, Amber told her.

How can I shut up if I wasn't talking in the first place? 

Amber mentally sighed. 

But really, you kinda told them you'd explain, so you should do that soon, Emerald reminded her.

You're right, for once, Amber admitted.

For once?

Amber cleared her throat. "So...I kinda promised you guys an explanation."

"Yes, please, I'd rather not sit here and try to make an educated guess when three  out of the six people here know what is happening," Leo said.

"Um...Well...YouguysaredemigodsandIwassupposedtotakeLeoandPipertocampwithGleeson--"

"Can you slow down a bit, Goldilocks?" Leo asked, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Surprisingly enough, not all of us can understand human speech at 5x speed." Amber sighed.

"Right. Well, long story short, you guys are children of Greek gods. We--Emerald and I-- were sent to Wilderness to help Gleeson--Coach Hedge--take you to Camp."

"Camp? What camp? Is that where we're going? And your snake, Emerald, was sent to help?" Piper looked straight into Amber's eyes--or, that's probably what she thought she was doing. In reality, she was looking at the illusion of her eyes her glasses made. Her actual eyes were much less steadfast, less dark gray and more shattered.

"Camp Half-Blood. A safe place for kids like us." Annabeth told her, making Piper look away from Amber and tense slightly.

Safe. ha. Emerald seemed amused.

"Half-Blood?" Piper frowned. "Is that some type of bad joke?"

"She means we're demigods, like Amber said," Jason informed her. "Half god, half mortal."

Half. Yes. Not 3/4, Amber thought.

Off-topic, but Voldemort's nose probably got squished by him running into the wrong barrier when he tried to get to Platform 9 3/4, Emerald theorized. Also, I'm disappointed in these kids you've brought to camp. 8 different ones over the past few months, and none of them have mentioned Moana and how Maui was a demigod?

Emerald, I'm trying to concentrate, Amber scolded. Emerald always managed to distract her. You'd think after having her for 9 years, Amber would get used to the constant interruptions in her head. But nope.

Annabeth was saying something about Hermes, Iris, and rainbows when Amber started to pay attention to her again. She saw Leo try to hide a snort.

"Your mom is a rainbow goddess?" He asked.

"Got a problem with that?" Butch turned in the driver's seat to face Leo.

"No, no," Leo reassured. "Rainbows. Extremely tough. And macho."

He's going to-- Emerald started.

"I'm going to throw you off this chariot," Butch threatened.

Told you.

"Demigods," Piper said. "You mean you think you're...You think we're...Wait, you never answered my question about Emerald." She looked at Amber. Then lightning flashed. The chariot shook, and Jason yelled, "Left wheel's on fire!"

Wow, thank you for stealing my thunder--literally, Emerald hissed as a loud rumble echoed through the sky.

The wind roared. Amber heard the faint whoosh of a few things--most likely storm spirits--travelling through the air.

Frick, she and Emerald thought at the same time.

Jinx.

Not the time, Emerald.

It's always the time.

"Why are they--" Piper started, and Amber realized she must be confused about why the anemoi were horses this time.

"Anemoi come in different shapes," Annabeth told her.

"Sometimes human, sometimes stallions, depending on how chaotic they are," Amber added.

"Hold on. This is going to get rough," said Annabeth. 

That's what--

Emerald, now is not the time!

Butch flicked the reins. The pegasi put on a burst of speed, and the chariot blurred. Amber smiled.

Don't tell me you're enjoying this, Emerald groaned.

My dad's the god of air travel. It'd be kind of strange if I didn't, Amber reminded her.

Amber saw the other demigods--except Jason--starting to look sick.

Huh. I guess being a child of Zeus...Jupiter? Gives you immunity to this sort of thing, Amber mused.

Well, I am neither, so please excuse me if I--Emerald passed out, along with Butch, Leo, Piper, and Annabeth. Meaning Amber was alone with Jason.

Great.

They looked at each other for a moment, before Amber got up--after a bit of struggle against the fierce winds-- and grabbed the reins from Butch.

"Can't have us going astray, now, can we," she murmured. Then she glanced over at Jason, and noticed with a jolt--and not a blush, shut up--that he was already looking at her. He looked away immediately.

Not awkward at all.

Amber looked at the pegasi. 

How far away are we from Camp Half-Blood? Amber asked her glasses.

2 hours, at this speed, they informed her.

Awesome. Two hours here, alone with no one but Jason and my bestie, Tension. Just perfect.

Sorry about this, this was kinda rushed and sucks quite a bit.