Oh, Great, Another Prophecy

Falling. Again. Without Emerald. Without the panicked shouts of Percy, Grover, and Annabeth. Just silence. Then a voice. But this time, it didn't sound as evil. More like...commanding. Authorative. I could come up with more synonyms, but I really don't feel like it.

Free me. Free me, Amber Castellan, or we will all die. The world will collapse, leaving only earth. Free me before the solstice. Free...

Amber woke up with a start. She realized she had been sleeping with her glasses on.

What time is it? She asked her glasses. They told her it was 8:30, meaning the campfire had just started. She'd also missed supper. Amber jumped out of bed and grabbed her sky-blue-and-white messenger bag and rummaged through it. She grabbed a container full of pineapple out of it and started eating the pineapple. Then she noticed the note on the post of her bunk.

Im So glad yuRe bak! we mSed Yu sIs!                                                                                                                           -Julia.

Amber smiled to herself. Julia was her seven-year-old half-sister. She the first demigod Amber had taken to camp herself over the past few months. Julia was definitely her favourite sister(yes, as co-counselor she shouldn't have favourites, but whatever). Amber took the Post-it off her bunk and stuck it in her pocket for safekeeping. At that point, Emerald decided she'd stop pretending to be asleep.

I love Julia so much. She's so precious, Emerald told Amber, as if Amber didn't already know that.

I know, right?

By the way, unless you want to miss the campfire, you better hurry.

Amber walked over to a closet and grabbed an orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. She quickly changed into that, and, with a moment of hesitation, grabbed a gray cardigan the same colour as her eyes. She put it on, threw her old green sweatshirt into her bag, which would magically clean the item of clothing within a few days, and put her bag around her shoulder. Then she grabbed a brush, quickly undid her braid, brushed her dirty blonde hair (Amber had no idea why Leo called he Goldilocks; her hair was much darker and not that curly), and decided to wear it down for the rest of the night. She checked her reflection in the mirror on the door as she opened it. Everything was normal. Dark gray eyes, curly hair, a scar running from her right eyebrow to directly under her left eye, a few freckles. Everything checked out. She stepped out of the cabin and almost ran into someone.

"Amber! I was 'bout to come get you!" Amber was immediately enveloped in Julia's tight hug. "We missed you so, so, SO much! Did you get my note? It was hard to write, but I think I did okay!" Julia gave her a toothy grin, and Amber noticed her smile was slightly different.

"Jules! Did you lose a tooth?"

"Yep! I'm such a big girl, my baby teeth don't want me no more," Julia confirmed, making Amber laugh. Then Julia looked at Emerald. "Missed you, too!"

How I wish Julia could be one of the children who can understand me, Emerald told Amber. But nooo, it had to be Conner instead.

"Emerald missed you a lot," Amber informed Julia. "We should head to the campfire now."

"Oh, yeah! I forgot 'bout that! Let's go!" Julia's soft, dark-skinned hand found Amber's pale, rough one. They walked in the direction of the camp, with Julia chattering about the most random subjects and Amber occasionally nodding or smiling.

When they got to the campfire, Amber heard the end of a song.

"But Granny forgot to put her breastplate on!" Then the applause came. Amber smiled to herself. She let Julia lead her over to the Hermes area, where Connor, Cecil, and Charlie were sitting. They all stood up, embraced her in a big group hug, then took her back with them to the log they were sitting on. Amber was in such a good mood, she even let Connor put an arm around her shoulders, something Emerald did not seem happy about.