What the Heck has Happened to Me

Jason looked at Amber's back. He wondered if he should wake her up or not. He was about to ask her if she thought his plan was good enough--he didn't need reassurance or anything, she just seemed smart enough to know what to do--but now she was asleep. He considered telling Leo and Piper the plan, but, with the little knowledge he had of Amber, he was pretty sure she wouldn't appreciate him going over it without her. So he just stared at the clouds and thought about what had happened so far.

I appeared on a bus with no memories. The people around me were a maniacal weirdo, a pretty-but-trying-not-to-be girl, and a girl who was and is still very much an enigma to me.

Everyone except Amber had fake memories of me.

According to what Piper said after the fire, everyone shipped me with Amber. We were very close friends, apparently. Except neither of us have those memories.

We almost got murdered by a few venti.

Amber apparently was sent from the camp to take Piper and Leo to Camp Half-Blood. She'd been there for a month and a half or so when I appeared.

We got sort of kidnapped by Amber's friends and told we were children of the gods, which I have a feeling I already knew. Also, Amber has a pet snake that she can talk to.

We crash landed into a lake at camp, which probably wasn't the best first impression I've ever had of lakes. Not that I'd know.

The camp felt...wrong, as if I wasn't supposed to be there.

Amber didn't seem to like being around all those people.

Leo got claimed by Vulcan--Hephaestus?

I got told I was supposed to be dead, which wasn't quite the welcome I was expecting.

I found out I can speak a dead language.

Juno/Hera told me I have to save her. Also that she's my patron.

Seymour the leopard ate her.

Piper passed out because apparently that's how Hera politely requests to be saved.

I got issued a quest.

I found out I'm the son of Zeus.

Rachel started spewing green smoke and just...received a prophecy.

Annabeth did not like the idea of Amber going on the quest. Maybe I shouldn't have let her. It said she'd attract more pain...

Also, apparently she has this tragic past or something. I wouldn't know. Whenever I asked her  questions about things like that, she'd avoid them.

Amber showed me an area that she's never shown anyone else before, I believe.

I went over a lot of this stuff with her and she helped me figure out a few things.

She fell asleep on me. Jason could feel himself blushing just thinking about it.

A wolf thing appeared in my dream.

I woke up and found out Amber has extremely good reflexes.

I had an awkward exchange of words with Amber before leaving.

I talked to Annabeth in my cabin and found out I have a sister.

A dragon appeared.

And now here I am.

Jason, Piper, and Leo sat in mostly silence for a few hours, only breaking it occasionally with light talk about things like the possibility of one of them dying on the quest and how Piper's dad was extremely famous or something.

Amber woke up a few hours after lunch--waking up didn't seem to be the right word for it, though. She almost threw herself off Festus and drew two throwing knives in about half a second before realizing where she was--and Jason finally got to tell his friends about his plan. And his dream. Once he laid it all out and Leo told them about his crazy babysitter, his mom's death, and the dirt woman, they all sat in silence for a moment.

"That's...disturbing," Piper said.

"'Bout sums it up," Leo agreed. "Thing is, everybody says not to trust Hera. She hates demigods. And the prophecy said we'd cause death if we unleash her rage. So I'm wondering...why are we doing this?"

"She chose us," Jason said, and Amber nodded. "All four of us. We're the first of the eight who have to gather for the Great Prophecy. This quest is the beginning of something much bigger. Besides, helping Hera is the only way I can get my memory back. And that dark spire in my dream seemed to be feeding on Hera's energy. If that thing unleashes a king of the giants by destroying Hera--"

"Not a good trade-off," Piper agreed. "At least Hera is mostly on our side. Losing her would throw the gods into chaos. She's the main one who keeps peace in the family. And a war with the giants could be even more destructive than the Titan War."

"No," Amber said, speaking up for the first time since she woke up.

"What?" Piper seemed confused.

"I don't think anything can be more destructive than the Titan War," she said, and Jason realized that she had been through the war. She'd seen all the dangers. She'd watched her friends die. There was a good chance that, in her mind, the Titan War was the worst thing to ever happen to...anyone. She probably didn't appreciate the thought of another, worse war. So he decided to change the subject.

"Who d'you think the Dirt Woman is?"

"I have a few theories," Amber informed them. "Most of them are terrible, bloodthirsty villains." On that happy note, everyone went silent again.

Sorry, this is really short.