"Oh. Um, just because Lindsey was being silly, that's all," Stevie struggled to explain.

"Oh. Can I go play with William?"

"Sure, honey," Stevie sighed, grabbing her temples as Lily left the room.

"So I take it things are going great and not at all weird with you and Buckingham?" Sharon joked once Lily left the room.

"Please," Stevie groaned, "I am paying the price for being a slut."

"Oh god, Stevie!" They all laughed hysterically, "You're dramatic, that's what you are."

"He won't stop trying to coddle me. What I need is for him to stay the hell away from me. ESPECIALLY with his wife here and so close," she snapped, sitting back at her makeup chair.

"Did you tell him to quit hovering?" Lori asked.

"Of course. Do you think he's listening?"

Karen chimed in, "I heard Kristen yelling at him earlier. She probably notices it too."

"Well she's not totally blind, I guess," Stevie sighed. "The last thing I need is her finding out. This is enough of a mess as is, which is why I just need Lindsey to cool off."

"Maybe you two need to actually talk? Then he will lay off?" Lori asked.

"What is there to talk about? What's done is done."

Lori sighed, "Talking helps, you know, Stevie. I'm sure there's a lot you'd like to say and vice versa. What if....what if he wants to be with you?"

"Lori, he's MARRIED. I feel like you're glazing over that minor detail here???"

"Stevie, divorces DO exist, you know."

"Don't be ridiculous. He would never divorce her. And I wouldn't want him to! They've got three young kids. And we're...we're a mess, we always have been and always will be."

Mary raised her brows again, "You love each other."

"And we also hate each other too. I'm sorry, when did this become the Lindsey Buckingham fan club? Can we drop it, please? I have a show to do."

As they exited the stage, Stevie felt Lindsey's arm around her shoulders guiding her back. She was ready to kill him after that show. Yes, the energy had been a bit off - the tension a little in the air, but he was treating her like some fragile doll, and she hated it. He kept shooting her those sad eyes, trying for the most tender moments during all their slow songs. She would rather them be fighting and screaming at each other than this.

"Lindsey, I swear to god if you don't cut it out," she warned.

"What did I do now?!"

"I'm FINE, LINDSEY," she snapped, whipping around to face him, "Stop acting like I'm not, okay? I don't need you to be a fucking savior. Back off!"

"Oh EXCUSE ME for being nice, Stevie. I get fucking berated when I'm being a dick and berated when I'm trying to help. Are you satisfied with anything I do???"

"No," she challenged him sarcastically before zipping off.

"Real fucking mature, Stephanie!" He shouted after her as she stormed away.

"What the hell is going on?" Mick asked annoyed.

"NOTHING!" Lindsey screeched before booking it down the hallway.

Stevie had never been more excited to be in LA in her life. The fact that she could go home to her own house tonight instead of having to stay in the same hotel as the band - and Lindsey - made her feel like she could finally breathe again. Tomorrow, they were off to Sacramento, but for now she was going to enjoy the quiet at home with her daughter.

"Are you sad about Dave, mom?" Lily asked as they lay side by side on the couch.

"A little," Stevie admitted, "Breakups can be hard, sweetie. But it's okay, I will be okay and so will Dave. And I've got you and all my friends to make me feel nice and loved. Are you sad that he won't be around anymore?"

"I don't know," she shrugged, "Not really."

Stevie laughed, 'What do you mean, not really? Won't you miss playing with the boys too?"

"Noooo," Lily shrieked, "I don't like those boys."

"Lily!"

"Just being honest! I'd rather hangout with Will."

"Oh," Stevie sighed with a nod.

"I want to come to the other California show with you," Lily pouted.

"I know sweetie, but you have school! And guess what? The tour is going to be over in less than two weeks."

"Yaaaay!" Lily cheered hugging her mom. "Mom? Will you get a new boyfriend?"

"Definitely not any time soon, sweetie," they both giggled like two friends at a slumber party sharing secrets.

Stevie smiled, holding her daughter close as they lay there. She finally felt relaxed. This was exactly the break she needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stevie and Karen were the last to board the plane, and of course they came face to face with Kristen and Lindsey while stepping on. Faking a smile, Stevie nodded their way before shuffling behind them to a seat far, far away.

"I heard about your breakup with Dave," Kristen said, turning around with a slight smirk apparent on her lips, "Sorry to hear about that. Was it just the pressure and stress of touring and being apart, you think?"

Lindsey butted in, "Kit, please."

"What?"

Stevie interjected before the two of them started fighting, "Thanks, Kristen. It's fine, really. Was for the better."

"Well it seemed pretty serious for him to just dump you like that. What an asshole."

Stevie shot a look at Lindsey, "No hard feelings," she shrugged nonchalantly before turning back to Karen to look busy.

Twenty minutes into the flight, Stevie stood up and made eye contact with Lindsey ahead of her when he turned around. She shot him a look and motioned for him to follow her to the back of the plane. Once she disappeared, he excused himself to go to the bathroom, hoping his wife wouldn't turn around to realize Stevie was missing too. As he got to the back of the plane, Stevie pulled him by the arm into a side area used by the flight attendants.

"Does she know?" She whispered in a frenzy.

"What?! Know what?"

"Kristen. Does she know Dave caught us?"

"Of course not, how would she know?" Lindsey whispered back.

"Why is she prodding with all these questions and giving me these looks?"

"I think she's just being nosey. There would be no way for her to know, and she certainly wouldn't keep quiet about something like that if she found out something was happening between us."

"Don't be so sure, Lindsey. She may be plotting something for you."

"Steph, you're being paranoid," he scoffed, grasping her wrists with his hands to pull her closer to him.

She sighed, his tight grip grounding her a bit. "Maybe."

"Don't worry about her, okay?" He smiled, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Don't, Lindsey," she pushed him off her and walked past him back to her own seat again.

He sighed, he was desperate to talk to her for longer. At this point he was willing to start another fight just so he could keep her close. But instead, he walked past her quietly back to his seat. He just needed to make it through one more tour stop with his wife in tow. Then he could really talk to Stevie.