🌧☁️A Score to Settle!☁️🌧

A/N: I was inspired by this picture I drew of these two dorks.

Silver, Archer, Giovanni, Officer Jenny, Feraligatr, Meganium, Houndoom, Nidoking, Golbat, and Togetic are all from Pokemon.

Hazel belongs to yours truly.

~~~~~

It all started with an underground bet.

"Let's battle," Silver shouted. "If I win I get to take down Team Rocket myself, and finally defeat my father!"

"Alright then," Hazel smiled competitively. "But if I win YOU have to HELP me take down Team Rocket~!"

Bitey, her Feraligatr, smirked with her. "Gator~"

"Say what?!" Silver's face went a bit red.

"You heard me~" Hazel sent Bitey into battle. "I choose you, Bitey!"

And here he was, working with this chick after she won yet another Pokemon battle against him. Oh, the shit he did for love.

Wait, love?! He didn't love her...right? I mean yeah, she's hot and has been nothing but sweet to him despite how cold he's been to her, but he didn't have feelings for her, right?

Maybe he did...maybe he's falling in love with her.

But now wasn't the time to think about that kind of thing! He has some unfinished business to take care of!

"It's over," Hazel said matter-of-factly. "Team Rocket will never return."

Bitey towered over Archer's Houndoom, who was unable to battle.

Archer sighed, putting his Houndoom back in his Pokeball. "But how...? WE WERE SO CLOSE! WE JUST WANTED TO FINISH WHAT THE BOSS STARTED!" Archer composed himself. "Fine then...I hereby disband Team Rocket...again—"

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" A voice shouted.

Silver scowled. He knew exactly who that was.

Archer's eyes widened. "Mr. G-Giovanni! You've returned!"

"That's right, Archer," Giovanni said happily. "I've returned to take my rightful place as the Leader of Team Rocket!"

"Father..." Silver grimaced.

"To think you'd end up working with our enemy," Giovanni said, glaring at him. "You little traitor!"

"He's not a traitor, you are!" Hazel retorted "You were too busy trying to take over the world to even pay ANY sort of attention to your son—"

"Shut it, pest!" Giovanni demanded.

Bitey got his Ice Fang ready. NO ONE talks down to his trainer like that!

"Silver may be cold, distant, hasty, complicated, and edgy as all heck at times, but I can see why he had the opportunity! You paid ZERO attention to him! Instead, YOU and the rest of Team Rocket's fragile remains are stuck trying to finish what YOU started, you power-hungry megalomaniac! What kind of person are you?! What kind of PARENT are you?! Maybe if you were in his life a bit more, you'd see that he's a hardworking and determined guy who will stop at nothing to achieve his dreams!"

Silver's eyes widened. "Hazel..."

Giovanni laughed maniacally. "Enough talk! Nidoking, show this girl why she shouldn't mess with Team Rocket!"

But before Nidoking could obey, Silver took off his jacket and put it around Hazel. He then held out a Pokeball in front of her.

"I won't let you hurt Hazel, father!" Silver shouted. "This is between you and me!"

Hazel blushed. "Silver..."

Silver looked back at her. "This is something I've been wanting to do for so long."

Hazel smiled understandingly. "You got this, Silver. I believe in you." She turned to Bitey. "Let's go check on the hostages, okay Bitey?"

"Gator!" Bitey nodded in approval as the two rushed off to check on everyone downstairs.

Silver watched as Hazel left, blushing a bit.

"Nidoking, Horn Drill!" Giovanni commanded.

Silver sent out his Golbat to take the hit, who fainted on the spot.

"You've grown soft, boy!" Giovanni smirked darkly. "Do you have FEELINGS for her? Or do you just feel obligated to associate with her since she's nice to you?!"

Silver glared back at Giovanni, his Meganium's Pokeball in his hand. Truth be told... "Hazel has shown me more kindness than ANYONE in this crap world has! ESPECIALLY my parents! A lot of which I don't even deserve! You have no idea what it's like...to have a rival who pushes you to be the very best...who unconditionally cares for you...who listens to you when you need someone to vent to...and even gives you a shoulder to fucking cry on! That's right, father! I cried like a little bitch in her arms! Why?! BECAUSE I LOVE HER! IT'S BECAUSE OF HER I FOUND MY PURPOSE! So what if I've grown a bit soft?! I'd rather be some weak softie than a sociopath hellbent on world domination! MEGANIUM! FRENZY PLANT!"

Giovanni's eyes widened as Silver's Meganium proceeded to sweep his team.

Suddenly, the International Police showed up, putting Giovanni in handcuffs.

"Giovanni, for your crimes against the Kanto and Johto regions, we place you under arrest!" Officer Jenny stated, before looking at Silver. "And lucky me, here's our other on-the-run criminal. You know what they say, Like father, like son. Silver, YOU'RE under arrest for breaking into Professor Elm's lab and stealing that Meganium when it was a mere—"

"WAIT!" Hazel shouted, coming back from her hostage check.

"Please let Silver go," Hazel pleaded. "He helped me take down Team Rocket's Radio Tower mission!"

Officer Jenny's eyes widened.

"And it's because of him Giovanni's in handcuffs right now," Hazel pointed out.

"Very well," Jenny sighed. "You're free to go."

Silver's eyes widened. "You..."

"You found yourself something much better than a stolen Chikorita, don't you think~?" Jenny whispered in his ear while undoing his handcuffs.

Silver blushed and looked away. "Yeah, yeah."

While Giovanni was being escorted to prison, Hazel and Silver looked up at the starry sky.

Silver turned to Hazel. "Yo."

Hazel turned back to him. "What's up, Silver?"

"Thanks for that," he grumbled.

"What was that?" Hazel asked.

"I SAID THANKS, YOU—"

"Oh, I forgot! I still have to challenge Clair in Blackthorn City!" Hazel said abruptly.

She gave him a quick kiss on the lips and rushed off. "I'll see you around! I love you!"

Silver stood there, dumbfounded. It was at this moment he realized he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Hazel.

Bitey gave her a claw up for confessing her feelings to him.

Hazel smiled excitedly and hugged Bitey before putting him back in his Pokeball. She then took out her Togetic Tamago.

"Tamago, fly us to Mahogany Town!" Hazel said happily.

"Togetic!" Tamago attached herself to Hazel's back and took her to the skies.

While she was flying to her destination, she squealed happily.

I did it. She thought. I finally told him how I feel about him.