Chapter 14

I looked around the main entrance room as I made a checklist. "Those wallpapers need to go and be replaced by some modern yet chic. Got it?" I looked behind me seeing a frantic girl writing it all down. I smiled, "go take your break."

Her eyes lightened up, "really my queen?" I nodded still smiling.

A couple of days later

I looked around the room approving of everything, yet I stumbled. After regaining my balance I looked at the cause of my fall growing angry, "please someone explain to me as to why the floors have not been put properly?"

The servants looked from one person to another absolutely silent. "Oh for God's sake. Someone call the tile guy whatever his name is and get it re-done."

They all hurried; someone trying to get the phone number, while someone getting the phone.

"I want this place pristine by the time I come back from my fitting." I demanded.

I walked inside my room, shutting the door behind. "Ah Miss Lopez there you are. I was starting to wonder if you were coming." The women, who was around 50, smiled at me as I returned the smile. After she put me in the dress, I looked at myself smiling. "It's perfect."

By the time I came back downstairs, the place was actually pristine. I looked at my staff that were gathered with their heads hung low. "Well done. This place looks nice, and for that you can have the rest of day off." They all looked at me in astonishment.

All of their faces lifted up in joy, as I smiled remembering how my face used to lit up every time Marco came over to my house when we were young

All of their faces lifted up in joy, as I smiled remembering how my face used to lit up every time Marco came over to my house when we were young. I turned around realizing tears were spilling out of my eyes. I shook them off, and went to my office to work.

Day of the ball 

"I want everyone to be prim and proper and on their best manors. Understood?" They all nodded as I walked around fixing a young boys tie. I nodded at him, as he nodded back. A look with determination.

I got dressed and waited until the women who was doing my hair was done.

A worker came in my room, "Ma'am the guests have arrived." I nodded in his direction and let him lead the way to the main staircase that goes to the ballroom. The leader of the American Mafia came to me and whispered in my ear, "may I have the pleasure to lead the most beautiful women I have ever seen down the stairs into the ballroom."

I smiled, "please save the flattery for later." I placed my small hand into his massive ones.

He looked at me smiling as I returned the smile to him looking his way. "You ready princess?"

I smiled, "more than ever."

In the ballroom:

I was talking to another leader of a mafia, can't remember who, when all of a sudden a voice boomed from the stage. "May I have your attention?" We all looked at the guy who was speaking. "Now, I've heard a rumor saying that the Queen who is hosting this party today, and may I say it is beautifully decorated and a very very good party, " everybody nodded in agreement, "can sing." He paused for the crowd's reaction, and when he was pleased with the response he got, he continued, "so, may I please invite Queen Isabella up here and give us the honor of hearing her beautiful voice as well." I looked at the scene that was unfolding in front of me in amusement, however that entertainment was abruptly finished when people started pointing at me and leading me with hand gestures towards the stage. I placed my unfinished drink on a waiter's tray and walked towards the stage. Once I reached the stage, I cleared my throat and spoke as proudly as I could, "first of all, let me take this opportunity to thank all of you here for coming, and secondly I haven't sang in a long time, so please be easy on the judging." I chuckled nervously as my guests disagreed to what I had just said. "I'm going to sing a song that I wrote when I found someone when I didn't have hope or believed in love."

After singing I waited looking fearfully at the crowd ready to hide my face in embarrassment, when all of a sudden, there was a whistle heard through the silence. I looked up as soon as the crowd clapped and cheered, which made me overcome one of my biggest fears: preforming in front of a crowd. I smiled to myself, and took this as a chance to celebrate another news, "please settle down. Today is a party to celebrate many things, in which, can the leader of the American Mafia Jason Benett come on the stage with me." After he had reached, I continued, holding his hand in mine, "we have finally decided to take things on another step and decided it would be best if we both get married. So as of this day, we are officially engaged." Clapping and cheering were heard through the hall, and multiple different voices congratulating us.