Chapter 9

I rested my face on my knees, as I heard footsteps behind me. He took no time in sitting besides me, "so..."

Without looking at him, I spoke through gritted teeth, "don't."

"Look Isabella, I had to tell you. We got a letter from him saying that."

With that, I burst into giggles. I read his face, and I sat there laughing even more. Through the middle of laughs, "how have you become in charge then?" I sat down properly and asked him, "obviously, you can't become the Mafia King if the true heir is still alive, or unless you are one of the bloodline family relative, but then again you can't become the leader until the true heir doesn't die. So my question to you, is how? How did you become the Mafia leader?"

He looked at me smugly, "that question is the one question you will never get the answer to."

I smirked at him, and got up from the ground, "oh believe me, I've already got my answer to that...Marco."

He narrowed his eyes in suspicion, as I leaned forward, and spoke lightly in his ear, "can't you remember?"

The next morning, I woke up happily, for the first time in my life. I headed down to the kitchen, as I politely greeted the workers. "What would you like today Bella?" The Chef asked me, and I was just about to reply, when Marco bellowed, "you shall call her Ma'am. Understood?"

"Someone woke up at the wrong side of their bed..." I said out loud laughing, and in a second, everybody was laughing. Suddenly, Marco threw the glass on the wall next to him, which made me flinch and got everybody to shut up. "Hey! We were just having fun, and besides what did that poor glass do to you?" I found myself speak up once again. This time, he did not throw any glass, or shout, even though I wish he would. Instead, he walked up to me, and spoke lightly, "keep that mouth shut, unless you want it cut off." I chuckled, and spoke, "do it," I whispered into his ear, "you can't, can you. No one can hurt their first love..." with that, I turned around flicking my hair, and walked out of the kitchen. When I was outside, he grabbed my hand, "what do you mean by that?"

"Aww...you can't remember me." I pouted, "that's so sad!" He chuckled and kissed the back of my hand, "you're so cute when you pout, but don't do that again, unless you really want me to kiss you." I pouted again, but in return, he pushed me against the wall. Our lips were so close, and I could hear him breathe, and just when we were about to kiss, a voice rang through, "Oh MY GOD! Is this really happening?" I sighed, while Marco gave an irritated growl, "what is it?"

"Nothing," Antonio replied with a mischievous smile, "get on with it, so I can hug our future sister in law!"

"Really Antonio?" Alessandro walked in, slapping Antonio's on the head, "why did you kill the fun?"

Marco rolled his eyes, and gave them a glare, which made them gulp in response. Seeing the scene in front of me, I started laughing, "see you around Marco, and Co"