Chapter 10

As I was about to leave, Marco held my hand, and whispered in my ear, "see my in my office at 12 am. I need to talk to you." I nodded in response, and walked to my room.

At exactly 12, I knocked on Marco's office door. "Come in," he called out. As soon as I came in, I saw him rubbing his temples in his office chair. He sighed, "Isabella, we got a person from your Mafia...he has brown eyes and hair, do you..."

I interrupted him, "where is he? Can I go see him?" Marco nodded and made me follow him down to the basement where they had never ending rows of cells. He stopped at one, and let me enter. I threw myself on that person, "are you okay?" I was surprised seeing him with no scars, bruise or blood on him. He was eating a full chicken, and drinking coke. "Luka? What's wrong?"

With a moth full of chicken, he replied with sorrow in his eyes, "your father died..." I gasped, as I fell on the ground, tears blinding my views, "he spoke only of you, and how he wished he never sold you, and how he is so sorry for everything he had done to you. Even for not giving Marco and you his blessings." He let me take all the information in, before he continued, "he wanted to give you the Mafia, and actually people have started to riot. Please my Lady, come back."

"Go back, I'll think about it," I whispered to Luka

The next day (Luka has gone back)

I sat in the garden, as tears spilled from my eyes. The sun was just about to rise. Sleep kept taking over me, but whenever I would sleep, I would only see my memories with father. Even though, he did everything to torture me emotionally, mentally, and physically, he is still my father, and I love him. I miss him. First my mother, now him. Why was life so unfair? Rivers of never ending tears spilled from my eyes.

After sunrise, I got up from the grass, and turned around, only to find Marco looking at me. "That wasn't the only thing I wanted to talk to you about yesterday..."

"Thank you for treating him like a guest yesterday, and also letting me cry for my father."

Marco nodded his head in acknowledgment, and continued, "actually Isabella, before yesterday, I was thinking of letting you go, and yesterday was the last push I needed to send you back, with no strings attached."

I hugged Marco, and soon after, I kissed him. He was my Marco, and he had survived the fire. He kissed me back, with so much passion. It almost felt like that he wanted me back. He wanted back the life we had before we both grew up without each other. "You know, " I whispered, "I wish we could go back to what we were before the fire." I heard him sigh, and soon, he kissed my neck, "I know Bella, but we can't."

"Why not?" I pleaded, "Marco I need you now more than ever. I missed you. All our memories were what kept me going. I miss you more than life. Please Marco!" I bit my lip

"and that was the same for me believe me..."

"Then what's the problem? Marco please!"

"Isabella, it is best if you forget me."

"Then at least give me the memory of you kissing me with all your heart, and then tell me how you survived the fire."

He kissed me instantly. With all his love, admiration, passion, longing, and I did the same. "You wouldn't believe how much I wanted to do that ever since I lost you."

I felt tears spring in my eyes, "how is it that whenever I find you, I lose you at the same time?" He put his head on my neck, and smiled. "I escaped the fire from a secret tunnel. My parents built it in case of emergency, and they made every single one of us remember where the entrance was from each of the rooms in our house of by heart. The pictures that I showed you of me burning in the fire, was true, "he showed me one of the marks that was on his neck, "but I didn't die in the fire."

After a moment of us both embracing each other, he whispered into my hair, "go pack."

I was brought back to the harsh reality, and all I could do was nod. I held his hand back, and said with a voice crack, "a broken heart is the worst. It's like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe."

"Bella

"Bella..." I heard him say my name, but it was like a distant whisper to me. A whisper I knew I can't listen to, or seem to find where it is coming from because all I see is fog.  And with that, I left him standing in the garden. That was the first, and last goodbye he got from me before I sat on the helicopter Marco had arranged for me, and left him. Forever.