Chapter 12

Isabella's Pov:

1 Year later:

I massaged my forehead, and continued working. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door, "come in..." I called out. "We have a message from the Italian Mafia."

"Well what is it about?" I questioned not bothering to look to my worker

"It's the letter you send a year ago."

I sighed, and whispered, "why are they answering now?" I spoke up, "very well, you may leave the letter." I extended my hand out, still not bothering to look up from the work that I was doing. The worker put the letter in my hand and I waved him off. As soon as he left, I hurriedly opened the letter and read it carefully. 'Finally' I thought, 'finally, the Spanish and Italian won't be fighting anymore'

He had done it. He had signed the peace treaty. We had finally done what our ancestors would refuse to do, and I would make sure nobody ever broke this contract again!

1 Year Later:

"Ma'am! Ma'am!" A worker hurried towards me. I threw the fork on my plate in frustration, "why can I never eat one meal, just one meal peacefully?"

He bowed to me in an apologetic manner, "ma'am, we have some trespassers in the cells, and.."

"And..." I said running out of patience

He gulped before responding, "they were asking for you."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment and threw my head back, before waving a dismissive hand to the worker that I didn't know the name of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked towards the cell, asking, "which mafia?"

"The Italian ma'am"

"I told you didn't I? We have an alliance with them now! We both signed the contract! Got it, and send the person who captured them?" I screamed.

"Yes ma'am." He left quickly as he could

When I entered, I threw a file on the table and spoke through gritted teeth, "do you know that you made me miss a meal?" I sighed, "when I was finally eating? When I finally got a break and rest from these idiots?" I glared at the guy who was guarding the cell, "나가"

He looked anywhere but my eyes cause I knew the glare that I was giving him would kill if it could. "Excuse me Ma'am?"

"I said," I spoke with my most harsh voice, "get out!" I raised my voice in the end. He ran out, and I rubbed my temple, but as soon as I heard footsteps reducing, I turned my head around to the dark cell. I already knew who it was, not bothering to soften my voice, I asked in a frustrated tone, "what are you doing here Marco?" I opened the cell door, and opened the light.

 I gasped in horror. "What have they done to you?" I saw a huge sword scar across his handsome features. I bend down, and traced it carefully, "who did this to you? Tell me." I asked in a concerned tone. I picked his chin up and examined his beautifully sculpted his face. He chuckled his beautiful devilish chuckle, "why is a trained to perfection assassin shocked from that scar, and you really should train your perpetrators better, the scar didn't even hurt?"

I rolled my eyes, "why the heck are you laughing in this moment?"

"But, you like my laugh!" He whined like a child

"And I still do, but why are you laughing when you have a bloody huge cut on your face?"

'Specially your beautiful face!' I thought

He smirked, and nodded, " I agree. My face is quite beautiful."

"You are so full of yourself." My eyes widened as realization hit me, "ugh I said that out loud, didn't I?"

He laughed again, making me swoon and go all squishy inside. "Now untie me, so I can kiss you!"

I untied him, but as soon as he leaned down to kiss me, I twisted to the side, resulting in him to fall. "I haven't forgiven you yet."

"You'll forgive me in a couple of hours!" He said with certainty. I scoffed, "you wanna bet?" He chuckled. "Stop laughing, or you will definitely win the bet." He laughed again, and pushed me against the cell wall. 'Cold wall' I thought, but instantly forgot about the wall as soon as he put his lips on mine. I kissed back with all my energy, passion and longing. I put my legs on his waist, and continued to kiss his soft, plump lips that tasted like vanilla. I melted into his lips. I licked his lips, but he stopped, and I whined. He smiled, "stop, or we will be making out in this terrible cold cell."

I smiled, "okay lets get out and clean you up." I took his hand in mine, and led him out. As soon as we reached the door, he dropped my hand, "what's wrong?"

"Are you okay with your people seeing you hold your hand in mine?"

I pecked him, "why would they even say anything? I'm their leader and boss." He chuckled, "you truly have become a mafia boss."

"I know right?" I held his hand in mine again, and opened the door, and took him to my room. As soon as we entered, I immediately locked the door, and pushed him against the bed, and started kissing him. "Isabella," he spoke between my kisses

"Shh"

This time, I didn't just stop with kisses, but instead, I pushed him again on the bed, and got on top of him on his lap, unbuttoning his shirt. I kissed his neck, as he put his neck back to give me more access. When I was half way done, I heard his voice again, "Bella." He pushed me off him again. "My medicine please."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "ugh fine!"

After the medicine check up by me, and medicine put by me, I gave him a pain relief medicine and tucked him inside bed, placing me next to him. "You know," I whispered, brushing his hair of his forehead, "I was thinking..."

"Bad idea" he whispered with a wink. I chuckled, "well yes, but anyways, shouldn't we make the peace treaty stronger by..."

"Bella..." Marco said my name in a warning tone, which told me to shut up, but I needed to tell him.

"What if we got married?" I spoke hurriedly

He sighed, and if he was sleeping before, he was certainly wide awake now. "You know we can't."

"Why not?"

"Just because we can't. End of discussion. Full stop." He got out of the bed, and buttoned his shirt up, running a hand in his hair, "if this is the reason why you brought me into your bedroom, then let me go."

"I can't, and I have been trying for the past 2 years. 2 years Marco! I've tried, believe me, but I can't and you know you can't either!"

He said nothing in response which seemed like I had said something wrong but I really had said what I was thinking, and feeling.

"If we can't be together, then what Marco?" I was now sitting up on the bed, while he was on the floor with his back towards me, "will we just keep toying around with each other's feeling? Will we come to each other's Mafia saying its work but actually just wanting to see each other? Or with time, we both will get married?"

"Don't say that!" He glared at me

"About what? Because I know I made good points there, so tell me, about what?" I glared back, "Do you not like the idea of someone else with me, holding my hand, or do you think about me as a property that you can give for rent or claim it back whenever you want?"

"I don't and you know it!" We both were in each others space at this point, and out of nowhere, he kissed me. Soon, he licked my lips asking for entrance and I denied. Growing frustrated, he slapped my butt. I gasped, and he sneakily slipped his tongue inside me, exploring every part of my mouth. He went down to my neck, kissing, biting and licking. "Marco..." I moaned out. He pushed me further down the bed, until I had my back fully pressed down to the mattress, and he was on top of me, supporting his weight from his hands. "I love you" he said in between kissing me. "I...love...y..o..u..too" I whispered taking breathes.