Chapter 22 - A plan

Clouds had started to veil the sun and a cool breeze on my face replaced the heat from the sun. The walk home was torture. Imagine having a 30 minutes walk with someone whose heart you've just broken. I didn't even want to imagine the lunch or the car ride home.

"Here they are!" My dad shouted when we came into sight. They were all six lined up on two benches.

"Finally, let's have lunch." My mum waved to us all to follow her. I really had to fight back an impulse to suggest to just drive back and eat at home, but I soon realised that would force me to explain why. Alex and I had to endure the rest if this visit the best we could. I felt so sorry for Alex.

The restaurant was quiet and still. We settled down at a table sized for ten persons, since we were eight total.

My mum took the role to take everyone's orders and then deliver them to the young man at the cash register. My mum has always been that way - wanting to take place and be the one in focus. I guess she's not very Swedish in that way - if you really can determine that people from a specific country has a similar behaviour. Maybe you can't. Then I guess my theory goes into the trash.

"Lauren."

I came back to present and saw my mum staring at me with a notepad resting in her palm.

"Have you decided?"

I replied with a thoughtful look. "Uh... Yeah, chicken salad."

She noted it down and politely asked us to wait for the food, just like she was pretending to be the waitress.

I didn't utter a word during the meal. I just wanted it to be over. The feeling of unsatisfactory wouldn't let go. It felt like I was sitting on needles. I may be selfish, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about five particular boys.

Our ways crossed today.

My believe had been to never meet them again. I'd thought that the odds that we would pass ways had been very small. Like a snowfall in April they had shown up in front of my eyes, unpredictably. That fact just couldn't leave my back.

I stopped eating and left my hands to rest on the edge of the table when still having my eyes stuck on my plate. "Could we go home?"

I could feel everybody freeze in their motions. They slowly continued eating when my dad answered with the question on everybody's minds.

"Why? Are you feeling sick, Lauren?"

I hadn't through about an acceptable reason to go with. "Yeah... Or I guess I might just be... Tired."

That was a reason good enough to persuade my company. We all went home after lunch. It was a great relief, and I could feel Alex having the same feeling.

The afternoon flew away, thank god. It was finally time to go to sleep.

"How are you feeling?" My dad asked discreetly when Alex and I were about to head out to our own little cabin.

"Still tired."

"You'll see you feel more alert tomorrow."He patted my head before he went to the bathroom. In that moment, I saw the opportunity and I grabbed his car keys, lying on the hall table. I held them tightly in my fist when I exited the house.

I felt guilty to have said such a few words to Alex since I dropped the bomb. As soon as we both were lying in our beds, my thoughts took over and I forced myself to light my conscious.

"Are you okey?"

He was turned to face the wall instead of me, but turned half way when he answered. "I'm okey."

How much I wished for his words to be honest, I couldn't hear it in his voice.
"I'm sorry for how all this-"

"I said I'm okey."

I concluded that the best was to not try getting more out if him tonight.

The night arrive and so did the darkness. As soon as I could hear the heavy breathing from a sleeping Alex, I waited just one more hour to fulfil my plan. I wanted to be sure the rest of my family was asleep. I couldn't be one hundred percent sure they all were, but I had to chance it.

Gently I removed the cover and placed my feet to the floor as soundless as I possibly could. I grabbed a black sweater and a pair of sweatpants to pull over my pyjamas. I managed to open the door without a noise. Behind the door waited the fresh night air and a sky as dark to reveal every shining star on a black canvas. I made sure I still could hear Alex's heavy breath before I walked out the door and ran to my dad's car.

I started the engine and left the driveway. I had the way to the arena memorised in my head. Ever since I got a glimpse of Westlife at the globe earlier today, I knew I couldn't let this opportunity slip away.

Soon I could hear the sound of raindrops picking on the windowpane of the car. I couldn't make the windshield wiper to work, but luckily I loomed the building of the arena and turned up on the driveway which lead to the almost empty parking lots. I got an uneasy feeling because of the small amount of parked cars. I had expected to see several cars being parked outside the arena.

I stepped out of the car and greeted the rain that started to get heavier. I pulled the hood on my hoodie over my head to prevent the rain from wetting my hair. While approaching the building, I searched for a possible way to get in. I hadn't thought this through. Of course I would not be able to just open a door and walk in. Every door and window must be locked. My pulse increased when I realised that I had only one option.

I would have to break in.

AN: This chapter became finished earlier than I had thought! Hope you enjoyed it my friends. Next chapter won't take long until it's uploaded because that's almost finished too. Writing has felt like a struggle the recent days, but now I'm on the road again! I'm actually really exited to publish next chapter!
(May 17 2015)