Chapter 18 - The whole story

I dropped my suitcase on the floor as I entered my house. It was late afternoon, but none of my parents had come home from work yet. I had called my mum to tell her I had resigned, but I didn't explain clearly why. She must've had her guess - let's just say that Louis was right when he pointed that the gossips about me and Bryan were all over town. Of course she was not okey with my decision, she wanted me to think it over, but I had made up my mind.

I called Abbey once I was laying on my bed. I looked around from my lying position and observes that my room was untouched. Same light blue bedclothes, and the blinds in my window were half pulled down, just as I had left them.

Abbey picked up within a few seconds. "Lauren! You're ok?"

"Yeah, I just got home. Feels so good to be home."

"So you've lived there?"

"Yeah, for a few days. You know they offered me a loge by the arena."

"You lived in the same building as them?"

"As the guys?"

I could feel my friend roll her eyes on the other end of the line. "Yes, as Westlife! Did you get to know them?"

Soon Abbey realised how that sounded, given that I had been caught out kissing one of them.

"Definition of a stupid question."

I smirked for myself. "It's okey. It's not strange of you to ask. I haven't told you anything. But if you're curious to hear I'll do."

"I'm afraid I'm more than curious."

•••••••••••••••••

"What? She has resigned?" He didn't take her words seriously. "You can't be serious."

"I tried to talk her out of it," the producer, Sarah Martin shrugged, "but it was not much I could do, I'm sorry."

"You can't..." Bryan stroke his hand over his forehead over and over, "she just left? She told you why?"

"She said she didn't make any good by being here."

"And you let her go? You thought that was a reason good enough to just let her quit?" He almost laughed out the last words.

"I tried to change her mind, Bryan. She had made it up."

"When did she leave?"

"Maybe... An hour ago, or so." Soon she discovered the desperation in his eyes. "You are not going after her. The concert begins in minutes."

He shook his head with lips tightly closed and walked away towards the stage.

••••••••••••••

I could feel Abbey listen up with big ears for the story to come.

I told Abbey the whole story. How I became great friends with all of them and then started to get feelings for Bryan. I kissed him by an impulse and he noticed me fancying him, and thought my relationship with Derek was an unhealthy one. He confessed his own feelings for me and we kissed, but he had left the fact that he was married. That resulted in a deal, saying that we would be no more that friends until we both were single. Derek dumped me in a cold hearted way, and to cheer me up, the lads invited me to a drinking night. That was the night when I crossed the line and made us a bunch of juicy headlines. Bryan's statement had always been the same - we won't be a couple until his divorce, and that won't be before the tour is over. I even had kissed Kian, like I hadn't already caused enough complications.

Abbey had been listening without commenting the story and she remained unspeaking.

"You're still there?"

"Yeah... I just try to let it all sink in."

"I know, it's.. It's not exactly what I expected to happen when I took the job, you know."

"But... What are you going to do now? I mean you've already quit college."

The question had reached my mind many times, but I couldn't give it an answer.

My thoughts were cut by the sound of someone entering the door to the apartment. Mum must have noticed my suitcase since she called my name.

"Lauren? You're home?"

I asked Abbey to wait a second.

"Yeah, in here!"

•••••••••••••••

"Hey guys!" Bryan caught his friends' attention before they were entering the stage. "Lauren's left."

He noticed neither Mark, Nicky, Shane or Kian knew what to say.

"Just so you know."

"Because of the... circumstances? I mean the headlines?" Kian asked.

Bryan shrugged "I don't know to be honest... But yeah, I mean probably." His eyes flickered just below the other guys' gazes.

"You're not blaming yourself, are you?" Nicky gave Bryan a worried look.

"Why wouldn't I?"

••••••••••••••••••••

"Hello my lovely girl!" My mum sat down next to me and embraced me in a warm hug. "How are you?"

"Tired."

She let go of the hug and stroke away a hair from my face. "I can see why. It must have been intense."

"Yeah."

"Lauren, you know both me and your dad are so sorry you had to be exposed in the magazines. Your dad is doing what he can to stop this topic from keep being discussed in media."

"You let me take a chance. You let me try my dream job. And that dream contained some complications. I don't blame you for that."

She stroke my cheek. "You're very mature. You've always been that."

We left a few seconds to just hear our selves breath. I was staring down in my light brown carpet were I dug in my toes when my mum spoke.

"So... I guess you expect me to ask about that particular guy, aren't you?"

••••••••••••••••••••

"Bryan!" Louis called when the lads had stepped off the stage between the songs.

Bryan made his way to his manager, sensing what was coming.

"I can see you're not giving one hundred percent up there. And I can see why."

"I'm sorry if I've made a circus out of this tour. The last thing I want to do is to let you all down."

"I know Bryan, I know. But we can't make this to a bigger circus, as you like to call it, than it already is by having you up there with no motivation or will in our eyes."

"I'm actually... not sure if I can do this anymore."

(Video: Westlife - You don't know)

AN: I know it's been a month since last chapter. And I'm sorry for that. I know how irritating it is, but the truth is that I haven't had time or felt inspired to finish this chapter. I hope I've made it up to you by making this chapter a bit longer than usual. Thanks for reading!

(April 2, 2015)