26.

"Are you really sure, it's okay for you to swim already?"

"What did we talk about just 10 minutes ago?"

"That it's definitely okay and you're totally fine and that I should stop worrying so much because you won't leave me alone?"

"Exactly. Does that answer your question then?" Wanda said smirking.

"Yeah, sorry." Natasha muttered. Wanda walked up to her and slung her arms around her girlfriends waist from behind. "I get it. When something happens to you I worry about you just as much. It's alright. But you won't get rid of me that easily." Wanda said and pecked her on the cheek.

"You sure about that?" She heard Natasha say. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. The next second she was embraced by cold water. Spluttering she broke through the surface of the lake to see her girlfriend standing on the little pier, she had been just pushed off of, laughing wholeheartedly.

"I thought I wouldn't get rid of you that easily?" The redhead wheezed. "Are you serious right now?" Wanda asked. "God you should've seen your face." Nat said laughing. "I hate you." Wanda said in mock offense. "No you don't." Natasha said laughing. "No I really don't." Wanda agreed softly while she climbed out the water. "I actually really do love you." She said walking slowly towards Natasha. "But that was really fucking cold you idiot." She said and quickly pushed Natasha who fell backwards into the water.

When she resurfaced Wanda was met with the angry glare of Natasha Romanoff and a "Oh you're so gonna regret that." She quickly turned around and started to run towards the beginning of the pier. But she hadn't anticipated the speed with which Nat pulled herself out of the water and onto the small pier and was running after her. She hadn't even gotten halfway along the pier before Natasha caught her, lifted her up and spun her around ready to throw her into the water again. Both of them were laughing while Wanda clung onto Natasha like her life depended on it and begged her not to throw her in again in a mix of laughter and loud shrieking. In the end Natasha tried to push her off of her but Wanda didn't loose her hold on her and so they both fell into the water together. When they came back up to the surface they were both still laughing. Natasha quickly swam towards Wanda, held onto her and tried to kiss her, effectively sinking them both.

"Good god Nat you can only hold onto me when I can stand."

"But it's more fun that way." Nat said chuckling.

"Are you trying to drown me?"

"Maybe"

"You're unbelievable."

"I know.  Now come on." Natasha said and began to swim towards the shore. "Come where?" Wanda asked. "Uhh to the shallow water, where you can stand so I can kiss you?" Natasha said in a 'wasn't-that-obvious' voice. "So bossy." Wanda said laughing but followed. As soon as she was able to stand Natasha slung her arms around her neck and her legs around her waist. "And now what?" Wanda said. "We make out in a lake." Natasha answered.

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"And what if I don't want to?" Wanda asked trying to hold in her laughter. The face of utter shock Natasha made, wasn't making this easier. "You don't want to make out with me?" Nat said dumbfounded.

"Nah, I'm just messing with you."

"That's what I thought. I'm irresistible." Natasha said smiling proudly. "Debatable." Wanda said.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"No I don't." Natasha whispered before closing the distance between them.

A little while later Wanda had fallen asleep on the blanket they had brought with them while Natasha had gone for another quick swim. Natasha knew that Wanda's skin had been heated up by the sun and an evil grin spread along her face as she silently walked out the water towards her girlfriend. When she stood right next to her, she wrung her hair out, so that the cold water fell right onto Wanda's stomach. With a gasp, Wanda awoke and scrambled to get away from the source of the cold water.

"Naaat that's frickin' cold! I was sleeping so well." Wanda said pouting. "Too bad." Natasha said and sat down on Wanda's lap, slinging her arms around her girlfriends neck in the process. "Noooo, that's cold." Wanda said giggling and tried to push Natasha away, who then hugged her even tighter. "Please Tasha, I'm cold." Wanda tried again, both still giggling. At that Natasha immediately stopped laughing. Wanda, confused by the sudden silence, looked at Natasha to see her staring at her. "What?" She asked. "Nothing. Just, you've never called me Tasha before." Natasha said. Wanda blushed at that. "I'm sorry. I know only Clint calls you that. I shouldn't have... I'm sorry." Wanda rambled. "No, it's fine. I... uh... I liked it." Nat said smiling sheepishly.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"Alright then, Tasha." They both giggled at that.

"You know what?" Wanda broke the silence after they had been lying next to each in the sun other for a while.

"No, what?" Natasha asked and turned her head towards Wanda.

"I really like days like this. Just you and me, spending time together, doing something nice like this today. I mean I like training with you and the guys or movie nights or eating together after battle but days like this really are my favorite kind." Wanda said and flashed Natasha a bright smile. Nat on the other hand seemed kinda taken aback by that. Nobody had ever said something like that to her. "They are?" She asked after a few seconds.

"Yeah of course they are. My best days are the days I can spend with the woman I love." Wanda answered. At that Natasha teared up a little. They had told each other that they loved each other so many times by now, but this was a lot. "Hey, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Wanda asked alarmed.

"No just the right thing. I love you, too by the way."

"Awww come here." Wanda said and opened her arms towards Nat, who rolled over and placed her head on Wanda's shoulder and her arm over her stomach. They lay there for a little while, just cuddling and enjoying the quiet until Natasha's phone rang. She began to feel around for her phone until she found it. One new message from Steve.

She opened it:

Thanos is coming. We need to talk about what we're gonna do. Come back quick.

Her blood ran cold. The moment Steve and her had dreaded for a few weeks now.

"Who's Thanos?"

"I'll explain later. Come on we need to go. This is important."

So, this was more or less a filler chapter (that's also why, it's a little bit shorter than usual) but I tried to make it as cute as possible. And I hope that I will be able to post more often now. The last few months were a little stressful with final exams and then graduation and graduation party (I guess you can call it that) and somewhere in between all of that my mum and me both had our birthday. It really was a lot. But now I'm through with all that and I'm already working on the next chapter. As always I hope you liked it nonetheless😊