28.

Genevieve and Lewis are next to present. There are some really good ideas from their classmates. And Genevieve doesn't really care if their idea gets chosen, but she knows Lewis really wants to win. So Genevieve did a lot of research for their project.

"Okay, thank you for your presentation. Will the next people to present come down."

Christen looks at Genevieve when she makes her way down. She is wearing a white and pink sundress that shows off her curves. Her curls bouncing with every step she takes.

As Genevieve steps on the ground floor, her and Lewis give each other reassuring looks. Christen doesn't like the way they look at each other.

Genevieve and Lewis decide that she will give the background of jazz music and why they chose New Orleans for their inspiration.

Genevieve stands in the middle of the stage with Lewis next to her, holding his rough draft behind his back. Genevieve clears her throat, attracting the room.

"We want to show off the art of music and that art has music inside of it. Music is it's on art but art is also in music. Have you ever saw a painting of someone dancing and thought "what music would they be listening too?" Well in this painting you'll see that music can be expressed through art. With colors, movements, and facial expressions. We chose to showcase the music city it self— New Orleans. The city is known for their jazz and jazz isn't always shown how much it can really change someone's mood. And we want to capture that.." Genevieve goes on and on with passion on their idea.

Once Lewis shows his rough draft to the class, there are some ooo's that can be heard throughout the room.

Genevieve turns her head to see what Christen is thinking about their art and she is taken back to see him smiling at her. She doesn't know how to respond, so she just looks away and looks back to Lewis, who is explaining how he wants the colors to express happiness and excitement.

After Lewis gets done, Genevieve ends the presentation and they both walk back to their seats. While they make their way back to their seats, Lewis touches Genevieve's back as a friendly gesture.

They both don't think anything about it since they cleared things up about how they were feeling. But Christen sees the kid's hand on her back. He feels his muscles tense up.

He tries his hardest to let it go since he is the one to ruin their "arrangement" but it still pisses him off.

"Okay class, I will post who I choose on the board Friday. From there I will work with the group to accomplish their idea. Thank you, have great day."

Christen ends his speech and turns to his desk to finish his grading.

Genevieve is doing what is now considered the regular and walks past her Professor.

Before Genevieve exits out of his classroom. A familiar face jumps in front of Genevieve and Lewis.

"Hey! Genevieve, can you please tell our band director to let us go home early today? Please!"

Simone's hands are pulling on Genevieve's arm, trying to convince her about practice.

Before Genevieve can say anything, Simone already has their eyes on Lewis and Lewis on Simone.

"Oh hi! I'm Simone. I'm one of Genevieve's band kids. And you are?"

Lewis stares at the lovely smiling Simone, Lewis doesn't have one word to say back. He is star struck. Genevieve sees Lewis is staring at Simone and not saying anything back. She tries to help him by clearing her throat. Lewis breaks out of daydreaming and starts to blush.

"Oh I'm uhh Lewis! Yes Lewis. It's nice to meet you Simone."

Simone smiles hearing Lewis say their name.

"We should hangout some time Lewis, a friend of Genevieve's must be really cool to be around."

Genevieve watches as the two hit it off, but seeing them flirt with each other—makes Genevieve miss Christen more.

"Okay you two, I would like to go to my dorm and relax before practice."

Genevieve says smiling.

"Oh yeah, umm sorry. I'll see you around Simone!"

Lewis walks off, waving at only Simone.

"Okay, Lew-ie! See you around!"

Simone calls Lewis a nickname, trying their hardest to make lewis blush. It works.

"If you don't leave that boy alone!"

Genevieve laughs pulling the collar of Simone.

"He's cute!"

Genevieve lets go of Simone and the two make their separate ways to their dorms.

Genevieve walks through the hallway that leads her to her room. She sighs as she walks through the door and plops on the bed while Lacey is at her desk studying.

Without turning around to look at Genevieve, Lacey can feel sadness radiating off of Genevieve.

"Still no talking?"

Genevieve responds without lifting her head off her pillow.

"Yep."

—————————————————-

It's the day Christen announces who's arts will be displayed at the fundraiser.

Genevieve walks in his class to a crowd around the board. Genevieve walks around in confusion when she gets a glimpse of a paper hanging up.

She puts two together and now understands that the paper is how he announces who won.

Lewis is no where to be seen so she just decides to look at it herself. It takes a bit before she can finally make her way to the paper.

Once she does, her eyes go wide.

"Genevieve Hernandez and Lewis Carlson."