Chapter 7 ~Scarletts POV~

I'd finished packing my things and Seth had loaded the car. I took one last glance at the oh so familiar exterior of my room and made my way downstairs to find my dad passed out on the couch.

I didn't bother explaining a lie to his face instead I'd wrote him a sweet vague note telling him I'd gone to visit mom for the month and I'd be back shortly. Putting in to not call or text me considering how it will be mostly mother daughter time.

Keeping it as low down as possible. I walked out the door to see Seth leaning against his black SUV. His white tee layered under his signature leather jacket. He was looking down at his phone.

I approached him to find he looked up from his phone to only check me out. "Excuse me? Eyes up here." I snapped, pointing to my eyes. "You can't blame me Scarlett." "Ugh, whatever." I groaned, making my way towards the door. Only to be blocked by him.

"Excuse me?" He just smirked and opened the car door for me, motioning inside with his hand. "After you malady." I climbed in the car to watch him jog around the front. Sliding into the drivers seat.

"You ready sweetheart?" He questions, as he buckles his seat belt.

"Ready as i'll ever be." Which was true, the fact of the matter was I've never been happier to drive away to a mysterious destination with a complete stranger to get away from all this drama and bullshit.

The way I'd spent the last few weeks i'll admit weren't healthy. From staying up all night munching on cheez it's and watching romance movies to hanging out all night getting shit faced and grinding on random strangers wasn't exactly what you'd refer to as the proper way to grieve over a scummy ex boyfriend.

And I've had my fair share of exes, from Connor the "Afraid of commitment" but in all reality wasn't ready to be in a relationship he had to physically and mentally be involved in.

To Ethan, the guy Phoebe had set me up with just so she and Justin could have a night out. His breath smelled like olives and the way he touched my thigh under the table gave me the creeps. Lets just say after a week of constantly trying to give him a chance, his frantic wheezing was kind of a deal breaker. The fact he cried when I said it wasn't working out just added to the horrific experience.

Then their was Ricky, just a jerk who decided my hair wasn't blonde enough and my legs weren't open wide enough. Lets keep the story short and say that he hadn't increased my self esteem that at that moment was at an all time low.

Johnny, wasn't into PDA and decided he wasn't going as low to my standards. Cameron, drinker who forgot we were dating the day after he asked me out. Trent, went out with me for a bet. Cody, went to jail for stealing my tv. And the list goes on.

No don't get the idea I'm some kind of bitch who just dates as if it were some kind of collect a new ex boyfriend. I'd honestly tell you I'd gone out with these idiots because I liked them but then I'd be lying.

Back to the point. I'd been pretty much prepared my whole life for the big toxic heart wrenching cry until you can't breath, your insides feel like their ripping you up from the inside heart break. But I don't think you can prepare anyone for the pain that end uses when you see your boyfriend fuck your science teacher up against a desk on your anniversary/birthday.

No matter how many relationship books I'd read. That situation never seemed to be addressed. Only adding to my unhealthy process of trying to at over it. Phoebe an Claire were no help either, they'd never experienced something like that.

But for the record I don't think anyone i knew had experienced something as tragic and just mind boggling as that. I'd soon found the pondering idea of crying over a dick who didn't give two shits just a waist of time so I guess alcohol and hot drunk guys who'd make me forget about all of it sounded appetizing to me at the time.