COMBAT

"Today, I will be teaching you combat," Chiron announced to the eight mortals who were already beaten from the morning exercise

"Fuck my life," Augustus groaned, not loud enough to attract his master's attention but enough to earn a smack on his head from Jean who was sitting next to him. Annoyed by his roommate's action, he scrunched up his face making him look more like a cat than a human.

"In the past month, you have gained enough strength and body control to perform the moves that will be taught to you. While you are battling demigods, I strongly believe that mastery of physical combat will prove to be equally important as the mastery of your powers," he stated.

Even though you were somewhat apprehensive about it, you were also excited. All the 'Marvel' movies that you sat through till the post-credits scenes piqued your interest in martial arts and you had been wanting to learn the same for a few years now, so you couldn't wait to get started with this class.

"I am going to show the moves that we are going to learn today. We shall begin with something easy so that you don't get disappointed with your lack of skill," he said tauntingly.

"We are definitely disappointed by your lack of trust," Augustus murmured, making Jean give him a side glare.

"I need two people to demonstrate; Ms. Y/n and Mr. Jacques shall come here to do the honours," Chiron called out.

Jacques cursed under his breath, 'out of all the people, why did it have to be her?'

When you rose up, someone suddenly grabbed your hand; you looked down to see Venanzio's worried countenance. Patting his hand, you gave him a reassuring smile and whispered, 'don't worry, I'll be alright,' after which he loosened his grip, setting you free. Nevertheless, he was still worried about you so swore to himself that he would break every bone in Jacque's body if he hurt you in any way.

When the both of you walked up to the front, Chiron made you stand facing each other, "Mr. Jacques and Ms. Y/n, I want you to imagine that you are battling your enemy."

"That wouldn't be a problem, master," you both said together.

"Well done! You have showcased great teamwork by being in perfect sync," Chiron praised you both leaving you to wonder if he was being real or sarcastic.

Jean stifled a laugh at his master's statement, 'oh the irony,' he thought.

Chiron continued, "you have demonstrated more than what I had originally intended, which, in this case, is good. Now Y/n, remember; aim for his neck and keep in mind that I don't want you to land a hit–I want you to do exactly like I explained and Mr. Jacques, all you have to do is defend yourself from her attack."

"I am sure it won't come to that master, she will have a hard time even reaching my neck, let alone lock me in," he smirked at you condescendingly, making your blood boil with anger.