Chapter Twenty: Intuition

Hello!

The twentieth chapter is here! Five second dance party!! *dances for ten seconds, 'cause I'm just that cool*

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to reenibeeni. She's one of my biggest supporters and she's been with me in this since the beginning.

Thanks, love! And she's been going through a tough time, and I just wanna tell her she can talk to me anytime about it. I mean it.

So, reenibeeni, hang in there, girl!

Anyway, please vote and comment and tell me what you think!

(The chapter is kinda short, so let's just call it a filler, shall we? The next one will be quite long, though)

____________

I'm a nervous wreck.

I pace in my room, hoping that will make my nerves calm down.

Nope. Still a wreck.

Oscar follows the little length I cross in my room, wagging his blonde tail excitedly.

Noah's supposed to win the money back tonight. In two hours, to be exact. I try to talk myself out of it, but my mind still keeps asking all the questions.

What if he doesn't win it back? What if he simply can't? What will those people do to him? How serious are they about getting even with those who cross them?

I shake my head, wanting those negative thoughts out of my mind.

Don't think like that. He obviously plays well if he bailed Zach out so many times before.

A small fire lights in my stomach as I think that. I suddenly get angry at Zach. If it wasn't for him, this wouldn't have happened.

I sigh, remembering Noah's words. "He's my brother," He said. And I get it-

You know what? I don't get it. If their brotherly bond was so important to Zach as it was to Noah, why would Zach let Noah save his ass every time? I can understand him messing up a few times, but this has been going on for years.

I shake my head in frustration. I'm an only child. I guess I'll never understand.

Oscar starts nudging my leg with his warm nose and I pick him up, smiling at him despite my mood.

I take him in my arms and pet his soft fur. Oscar closes his eyes and snuggles into my arms.

Oscar yawns and I sit on my bed, wondering if I should call him. Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll call him.

I hesitate only for a second before dealing his number and pressing the phone to my ear. It rings.

Once. Twice.

"Hello," Noah's deep voice answers.

Something in my stomach flutters. My voice is slightly breathless from the effect he has on me.

"Hey," I say, my voice unsure.

"Snow," He says and I smile a little when I hear the smile in his voice. "What's up?"

I don't know what to say. I don't even know why I called him. To hear his voice? To tell him not to do this? Not likely. Even though I know he cares about me, I also know he will help his brother. No matter what.