Chapter Thirteen: Take A Chance, Pay The Price

Dedicated to Be_Fool_For_Ever. If I could, I'd dedicate the whole book to her! Chrysa, thank you for being you. I love you!

So, this one is short, because the last one was I think a little long. Anyway, I hope you like it.

Vote, comment and enjoy!

————-

"Zeus, stop!"

Noah tries to catch Zeus, who is now running full speed to catch a squirrel. Zeus' leash is dangling in the air as he drags it behind him. Noah is ruining after him , yelling, "Zeus! C'mon, buddy!"

I duble over laughing, hitting my knees as I do. Oscar is next to me, playing with his chew toy.

This morning, Noah asked me to go to the park and walk our dogs. I didn't know what to expect, since I've never actually done it. But, never did I assume it would be this hilarious.

Zeus turns right and continues chasing the squirrel. Noah, in his poor attempt to outrun him, trips and almost falls on some kid's toy truck.

I laugh harder, not able to control myself. Oscar gives me a weird look, probably wondering what the hell I'm laughing at.

When my hysterical laughter turns into giggles, I see Noah finally reach Zeus and take his leash. He brushes a few leaves off his pants and comes to Oscar and I.

"Stay." He says to Zeus in a deep voice that says 'don'tmesswithme'.Surprisingly, it works. Zeus lays down and Oscar comes running to him, nudging his paws. I still can't get over how well they get along.

And by 'well', I mean Oscar starts licking his face and playing with his paws, while Zeus completely ignores him.

Noah sits next to me on the bench and says, "I see you're entertained."

I giggle. "Yeah, that was quite a show."

He shakes his head, amused. "Yes, I chased a three year old Rottweiler who chased a damn squirrel around the park for a show. Glad you got the idea."

I laugh and open my mouth to say something, when a voice cuts me off, "Little brother!"

I see Noah's expression turn to stone as he turns around, clearly knowing the intruder.

A tall boy, probably a few years older than me, with dark hair and light blue eyes comes toward us.

When he stops in front of Noah and I, Noah spits out, "Zach."

Zach?

I see the resemblance now, although it's small. Their hair, both messy and dark, is the same. They both have blue eyes, but where Noah's are dark, Zach's are light.

Zach grins, and it's surprising how good it looks on him.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" He asks Noah.

"No," Noah says at the same time as I say, "I'm not his girlfriend."

I turn to Noah, confused by his answer, but he's glaring at Zach.

I'm surprised by his behavior with Zach. I know what happened between him and Kath, but Noah said he forgave them.

Zach is clearly amused by the situation, judging by the smugness his smile hides.

"I guess I have to do it myself," He holds out his hand and says, "I'm Zachary. Noah's brother. And who might you be?"

I take his hand and say. "Haven. Noah's friend."