Chapter Two (part two): Alex

So, this is sort of the second part of the second chapter and can't put it in the next chapter because  idoesn't exactly fit with what I'd had in mind...  
Anyway,enjoy. :)

P.S. How awesome is the song on the side? SO awesome. :D

__________

"Okay, spill the beans."

School is done for the day and Anna and I are walking toward her car in the parking lot.

Anna sighs and leans on her car.

"Fine. I guess I can't stall anymore."

I lean on the car next to her and wait for her to speak.

"So, you know that guy who transfered here in January?"

I give her a look. Anna is the smartest girl in our school, but even she has her moments.

She slaps her forehead and says,

"Right. The amnesia thing... Anyway, there is this guy that transfered here from England. He's the smartest boy I've ever met. Plus, he's hot. Like really hot. And he has a friggin English accent! So, when he came, he was the new thing in school. And, of course, Brittany had to be the first one to put her slutty little paws on him."

Anna's eyes sparkle with anger, and I'm surprised because I haven't seen her angry in a long time.

"And since he's a member of the male species, Alex fell for her little act. Then they started dating and it lasted for like, three weeks. Since Brittany couldn't keep up her little good girl act forever, she started acting like, well, the real Brittany.

"Meanwhile, Mrs. Stacy put Alex and I as Chemistry partners. Before we were partners, I thought he was a player and an idiot because he was with Brittany, but Haven, he isn't. Like I said, he's amazing. And sweet. And he loves school, like me.

"So, we naturally got along. And we started hanging out more. Once, we were doing homework, when he told me that Brittany was starting to act jealous and she was complaining all the time. I asked him why he was with her if he didn't feel anything for her anymore, and he said that he didn't want to hurt her while she was going trough a tough time.

"But Alex had had enough when he caught her flirting with Matt from the football team at one of the games. I wasn't there, so I don't really know the details, but Jenna told me they had a huge fight and that almost everyone saw it. Brittany told him to 'chill' because it was just harmless flirting and that he was overreacting. Then, Alex told her that he wanted to break up because he just didn't feel anything for her anymore. Brittany practically freaked and wanted an explanation, because no boy had even broken up with her before.

''Alex said that he wanted to break up because he liked someone else, and that it wouldn't be fair to Brittany if he kept pretending to feel something if he didn't. I don't know why exactly, but Brittany assumed that Alex meant you when he said he liked someone else. The next day, she printed a shitload of flyers that had your face on them and  said 'boyfriend stealing bitch'. She put them all over the school. When you found out about it, of course, you got really mad. Then I explained what was going on and I started apologizing for what Brittany did because it wasn't you who ruined their relationship.''

Anna pauses, and all this time, she's looking at the ground, lost in her memory.

''It was me. Alex told me he liked me the day after the game and I told him I liked him, too. But I explained that I couldn't be in a relationship because my parents didn't allow it, and that I was really sorry. He told me not to apologize because it wasn't my fault, but I could see that it was really hard for him. God, he was so sweet, and then like the idiot I am, I started crying. Alex hugged me and held me for a long time. Then, when I just couldn't resist it anymore, I kissed him. And he kissed me back. Haven, it was the best kiss of my life. After that, we agreed to secretly date, so that my parents wouldn't find out. Also, and I didn't tell him this, I didn't want Brittany to find out because I knew exactly what would happen if she did. But then, she misunderstood and thought that you were the one Alex liked.

''And because you knew my parents and how strict they were, you didn't deny when Brittany accused you of being a boyfriend stealing bitch. I tried to get you to give up, but you wouldn't. And I was so grateful,''

By now, Anna's eyes are glassy and I know she feels horrible for what happened.

''I still am. Haven, I'm really sorry.''

But she has no reason to be sorry. I'm her best friend, and I would do the same thing again if I had to, and I know she'd do it for me, too. I look at my best friend, her with tears in her eyes, and I hug her. I hug her and squeeze the life out of her, and she returns it. Finally, she says,

''So, you're not mad?''

''Of course I'm not mad! You would've done the same thing for me,''

She nods, ''I would.''

I poke her in her stomach and tease, ''So, where is Alex now? When do I meet him?''

She practically beams, and I can't believe I haven't noticed it before, but she is happier. She smiles more and she is more cheerful than ever. 

''He's with his family, visiting England. He'll be back in a week. But you'll meet him as soon as he comes back, promise.''

I smile, I'm so happy she found someone that makes her happy. She deserves every minute of her happiness. Alex sounds like exactly someone she'd like. Plus the accent. Anna was always a sucker for accents.

''Is it hard for you two to meet? You know, since your Mom and Dad don't know about it.''

Her face falls for a brief second before she says,

''Yeah, it is. I usually tell them I'm over at your place, and you'd cover for me.''

We get in her car and she starts the engine, then turns to me,

''Again, thank you, Haven. This means a lot to me. I seriously love you.''

I give her my most genuine smile and squeeze her hand, 

''I love you, too.''

_______________

Wow, that was a lot of talking.

What do you think of the Anna-Alex story?
Please, comment and vote and tell me what you think.

Thank you, ❤

                Love,   Me.