Chapter Seven: Camping Trip

Okay, first, I want to thank you SO much for all these views and votes. You are amazing!

So, this is the seventh chapter, and I think it's pretty long... I don't really know how to tell these things.

Anyway: vote, comment and enjoy!
----

"When your legs don't work like they used to before,"

My phone alarm tells me it's already seven o'clock. I roll over in bed and not lifting my head, I tap my bed, looking for the phone.

"And I can't sweep you off of yo–"

I finally find it and turn it off.

Sorry, Ed.

I grunt and frown as I get up, wanting to sleep forever. I go to the bathroom and shower, brush my teeth and make a loose side braid.

As I'm putting on my favorite dress, Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz fills the air.
Anna's ringtone.

I usually sing to the lyrics before picking up, so Anna knows not to hang up too early and to wait a while on the phone. Today, though, I don't really feel like singing.

I answer the phone, "Hello?"

"Why did you pick up so early? You usually take ages to answer."

I sigh, holding the phone between my shoulder and ear, "Not really feeling it today."

"What happened?" She asks.

I hesitate, I dont know if I should tell her that Noah and I kissed. But, she's my best friend. She'll know something's off.

"Noah kissed me."

There's a gasp on the other side of the phone. Then, Anna's voice yells, "What?! When?"

I cringe, holding the phone a little further from my ear, "Geez, calm down."

"Sorry. But, when? Why? "

I sigh, "Last night. He came here, I don't know the reason, then we had dinner and sort of had a water fight and then he kissed me. And for the why question, I don't know."

Silence fills the air, and after a second, Anna says, "So, are you guys, like, a thing?"

"No. I didn't finish. He kissed me for a second, and then said he was sorry and stormed out."

"Oh, babe. I'm sorry. Do you like him?" She sounds sincere.

I think about the question, "Well, I've known him for a little while, you know? It's still too early for me to actually have feelings for him. But, he was nice. Besides, we're better off as friends."

I add the last part to convince myself, not her. And I do mean it, what I said. I can't say I have actual feelings for him, but he is different. I've never really felt butterflies before just by looking at someone. Maybe it was all because he is attractive. Maybe not. I guess I'll never know.

Anna says, "Yeah, probably," She cheers up right away as she says, "So, the camping trip! I can't wait!"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "The what?"

I can practically see her roll her blue eyes, "The camping trip? The camping trip our class is going to? Come on Haven, your amnesia doesn't go that far."