Chapter Seventeen: Light Of A Thousand Stars

Hey there fellow Wattpaders!

Okay, just kidding...

Anyway, here's the new chapter! Yay.

It's really long and I'm not sure how I feel about it, but you guys wanted a new chapter, so here it is!

Oh, and the song to the side is the song that is... in the end of the chapter. (No spoilers)

So, when you get to the end, I'd like you to listen to it. It's in Italian and it's SO beautiful!

Vote, comment and enjoy!

———-

"You what?!"

Anna screeches on the other side of the line.

I just told her about what happened between Noah and me. Noah had to leave about a half an hour ago because of a family emergency. He didn't look worried when he left, so I took that as a sign that nothing bad happened.

Anyway, he left, and what's the next thing I do? Well, call my best friend and tell her all about it, of course!

I laugh. "Don't act so surprised. You're the one who told me he had feelings for me, in the first place."

I stretch on my toes to open the cabinet in the kitchen where the chips is. I manage to get it, then I go to the living room and sit on the couch.

"I know, but after what happened? I though you were mad at him." She says and I sigh. I don't feel like explaining, mostly because I don't understand it myself. I mean, Noah told me that he was angry and hurt because he thought I liked his brother, and I get it. He thought history was repeating itself, even though we weren't a couple, but still. See? Confusing.

"It's a long story." I say.

She hesitates and then says, "I know I should tell you that he hurt you and that you aren't supposed to be with him, but the hell with it. I'm so happy for you!"

I giggle like a five year old and nod, even though she can't see me.

"We can go to double dates, then go to prom together and when you get married, Alex and I can live next door and we can even get the same dogs! And then—"

"Whoa," I cut her off, "Slow down, cowboy!"

I laugh at her enthusiasm and say, "We haven't even gone on a date yet."

"Sorry, just got carried away. But, you'll go on a date, right?" She asks.

I smile, "I hope so."

—-

That's it, I'm tired of this crap.

I'm cutting my hair. I'm getting a haircut first thing tomorrow.

I was brushing my hair and my hairbrush literally got stuck in it! How messed up is that?!

I usually hate hair that is too long, but I guess I've been ignoring mine. My hair is naturally really straight, and I'm so thankful for it, but enough is enough.

My Mom always told me that shorter hair would look good on me. I'm not brave enough to do a pixie cut, though. I'll probably be shoulder length.

Don't get me wrong, I like how long hair looks on other people. But, on me, not so much. I'm short and my long hair makes me look even shorter.

I put my hair in a ponytail and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face, then go to bed.

As I lay in bed, I wonder what Noah is doing. I haven't stopped grinning like an idiot since he came. I don't know why, though. We kissed, and that's it. I mean, sure, he told me he liked me, but he didn't actually say 'Hey, you wanna be my girlfriend?'. Or whatever you're supposed to say when you want someone to be with you. I wouldn't know. The only date I've been on is when I was fourteen, and he vomited on my because of too much candy. Let's just say, I'm new with the boyfriend/girlfriend thing.