Chapter Nineteen: I'm Yours

Hey,

So, the new chapter is here... Woohoo!

I was thinking about how long I want this story to be. I still don't know. It could be twenty-two, or it could be like thirty-five chapters long. Anything's possible...

Anyway, please, comment, vote and enjoy!

——

I don't know what to do.

Do I just confront him and ask what that was about?

Do I leave and don't give him a chance to lie?

My decision is made for me when Noah turns around, still on the phone. A look of horror crosses his face as he sees me. ''I gotta go,'' He says to the phone.

He hangs up, not taking his eyes off me. He's searching my eyes for something, anything to give out what I've heard.

I snap out of my shock and turn around, walking away.

I don't need this in my life.

''Snow, wait.'' Noah immediately goes after me, taking my arm and turning me around.

''Let me explain,'' He says and I scoff, not looking at him.

''There's nothing to explain, Noah.'' I finally look at him, ''I get it.''

''No, you don't. I need to explain what you've heard. It's not what you think.''

I snatch my arm back, ''It's not? So, you were not going to lie to me and tell me that you couldn't go out with me tonight? You were not meeting someone behind my back?''

Noah runs a hand trough his hair, and his silence answers my question. ''Unbelievable,'' I mumble and start to walk away again.

A strong arm grabs my waist and covers my mouth. I start to kick and scream, but the sound is muffled by someone's hand.

He opens the janitor's closet and gets us both inside. He releases me and I break away from his hold, suddenly more furious than hurt.

''What the hell do you think you're doing?''

I can barely see him because of the dim lighting, but I see his face, and I refuse to think his expression is apologetic.

''Snow, please, let me explain.'' Noah pleads and I cross my arms and sit on one of the buckets that's turned upside-down. He doesn't react to my stubborn behavior. Noah just sits on the floor and leans against the wall, but the room is small and he's still too close to me. His long legs are in front of him and he puts his elbows on his knees.

''I'm listening.'' I say impatiently.

He sighs, ''What you heard is not what you think you did. The person I was talking on the phone with is not some other girl I'm seeing. There's no one else, Snow.'' He pauses, waiting for me to look at him. I do, and I'm surprised to find such determination on his face. He continues,

''God, I shouldn't be telling you this,'' Noah mutters to himself and I cut in.

''Noah, I want the truth. So, if you're not ready to give it, then let me out of here.''

''Okay, I get it. But, just promise you'll at least try to understand.'' He says.

I can do that. I'm not promising I'll understand, but I'll try. I nod.

He takes a deep breath. '' I was talking to Zach on the phone. He got into some trouble with this man and he needs me to bail him out. Like always.'' Noah says and I frown. Not saying anything, I listen to him continue.