"He's gone?"

So as me and Techno were sparring one day after a long trip across this ice wasteland, outside a old castle of some sort I didn't even know was there. Techno had managed to let me actually not go easy on him. "Hah!" I parried an oncoming attack, metals and sparks clashing against each other.

"You seem more experienced than Phil, Eryn," he commented after a electrifying parry. "Thanks. It's the training, I think." I said playfully, making sure not to falter. "Hah! I mean, really. I never see you spar with Phil, and when you do, I'm never around." Techno said while parrying my other fast attacks.

"I mean, okay, you've got a point, but when we spar, Phil usually comes out the winner." I force a laugh, lying through my teeth. "Right..." Techno looks suspicious, but doesn't push further. "Where is Dadza, by the way?" I quickly change the subject. "Maybe playing chess by himself." Techno guesses. 

We quickly wrap up the match, and I enter the old castle, running upstairs to the library. Phil was there, as Techno had guessed, playing chess. "Hey Phil!" I enter quietly, seeing he's really concentrated. No response. As usual. I took a book to read, and sat near where Philza was. It was only after a while I noticed the lack of noise. 

I turned my head to look at where Philza was, or where he once was, as the seat was empty, a stale cup of tea beside the chessboard. "Techno! Phil's gone!" I yell downstairs, almost immediately hearing footsteps thunder upstairs. "He's gone?" Techno raised an eyebrow, and scanned the room.

"So, do we continue our journey without him?" I ask Techno. He nods his head silently, packing up to leave this place. Our journey was perilous, with so many enemies ambushing us left and right. I forgot what peace was like after Phil left. I looked to Techno, who was riding on another horse, and he too, had also forgotten.

Was it Phil keeping the peace? These were times of war and pillaging. Maybe he did then. But that was then, this is now. He isn't here anymore, and we have to fend for ourselves. I could hear whispers at every inn we've gone to, rested, then continuing our journey, like "The Blood God? Who's that girl with him?" and mutterings of gossip "Poor girl, was she kept prisoner?" and "Isn't she the Prismarine Gem? The girl with the sword passed down for generations?" 

I could hear tall tales and legends about me and Techno wherever we went. Legends are never real unless you believe they are. And now Techno was looking at me like I was a new book, a new genre he'd never wanted to read until now. I just ignored it. I had quit that title so long ago, yet father still wanted to spread the news.

I was going to get a headache. That was when I saw it. The city. The place I felt I would find answers there. But we had to stay a bit longer at this place. Techno insisted. If he hadn't, we would've gone over to the city a long time ago. 

~Time skip to the next day bc I'm lazy af~

"Techno. We have to go. If war avenges on us, we are so done! We can't defend this place." I yanked Techno's horse to the city I had seen on the horizon. Techno didn't really protest, but when he grazed my hand to grab the reins, I felt this rush of heat to my face. What? What's this feeling?..

Whatever. We tied our horses to a post, and entered on foot. The citadel looked so peaceful, like the past times before Phil left. The guards weren't even threatening, and unless the spears were props, there wasn't even proper weapons. 

Techno POV

The voices are chanting. "Hubris. It is hubris." the voices chanted. Techno just shook it off. "So, are we going in?" I asked Eryn. "I guess. We can't stay here standing forever, you know?" she laughed, and skipped over to the guards. I watched her. It was kind of cute when she acts like a child. Wait. Why am I thinking about that? 

a/n

oooooohhhhh Techno pov is outtttttt

ayoooooo lets go my fingers are hurtingggg ehhhh

hEhE lEt'S gO bOiS

okay enough. anyyywayys have a good day, afternoon or night wherever you are!!!

byyeeee mah bootyful muffinsss!!! <3