Prologue

A cold, desolate place- the Underground. Once full of monsters of different kinds, who loved and played. No more, not since they showed up. They took everything away from Sans; his family, his friends, his HOPE. He'd long since given up on being a 'good person'. His sole reason for being as nice and loving as he was- Papyrus- was gone. Ripped from his boney fingers by that disgusting human. He knew his brother still loved him, but he sometimes wondered why.

'Come now, brother,' he would say, 'you saved me and beat that horrible human! I love you, Sans!'

But Sans found that hard to believe. His brother was such a kind, innocent soul in his eyes. He would hate his brother to kill a human, even if that human happened to be them. Sans's mental struggle never stopped, always wondering if his brother's ghost loved him just as his real, living brother had. Sans developed trust issues, turning down an invitation from a monochrome human to go to a place with people 'like him'.

"So, you must be Dusttale Sans, huh?" A skeleton said, black liquid dripping from his eyes, an unnerving smile on his face. The skeleton twirled a shiny knife in his hand, just like the one the human had brandished many times. "W-Who the hell are you?!" Sans had shouted, "And what the hell is Dusttale?!" The strange skeleton faltered, cocking his head. "Huh, you don't know?" "Don't know what?!"

"Well, Sans, this is just one universe, ya get me? There are an infinite number, with millions of timelines in each. In your universe, that...human, Chara, killed everyone. Over. And over. And over again. That drove you nuts and you did what you had to, right?" Sans reeled bad, eyes glowing as he summoned two purple bones in either hand, sliding into a fighting position. "My name's Killer. I'm from a timeline of Undertale, almost like you. My brother...he's dead too, Sans. I know how it feels to lose the person you love the most...and so does Nightmare." "Who?"

"I'm Nightmare, pleasure to meet you, Sans," a tar-covered skeleton said, appearing from the shadows. "I'm putting together a little group, of people like you. People who have nothing but deserve everything. People who didn't get happy endings like the rest of the Multiverse. We're going to make those stupid, naïve assholes know what real pain feels like. We're going to get our happy endings. What do you say? Would you like to join me?" Sans didn't know what to say. These two skeletons seemed so nice, are they really as messed up as he was?

"What...do you think, Paps..?" Sans turned to the side, looking at his brother. 'They seem nice...but stay on your guard, brother! We don't know if they are like that...disgusting creature,' Papyrus warned. "You're right, bro...alright, I'll join you." Nightmare's white smile stretched across his black skull, his cyan eye burning. "Excellent. You will need a nickname, then...How about...Dust?" Sans- no, Dust smiled. He liked that nickname. "Perfect, Dust it is. Come along now, I'll educate you on this wretched Multiverse and its terrible inhabitants."

Dust had quickly come to realize that Nightmare and Killer were just as messed up as he was. Papyrus took quite the liking to the latter, who seemed to have the same bloodlust towards humans as the spirit. About two months later, Horror joined the group, and Dust helped recruit him. Horror reminded Dust of himself when he first joined- on edge. After a short period, Horror had grown to trust the others just as Dust had. After that, another skeleton, known as Error began to hang around the group, eventually joining.

Then, the X-Event occurred. Dust was thrown out of his norm once again by this Multiversal Madness. He'd seen how that horrible human had influenced Cross, a simple Royal Guard who wanted nothing more than to see his family and friends again. It reminded Dust all too much of the pain he felt. After begging and pleading with Nightmare to take Cross in, the God decided it was more beneficial than not. Cross was...difficult at first.

They had to take him into the dungeons beneath the mansion to keep themselves safe from the skeleton's wrath. "We're just trying to help you," they would say. But Cross never bought it. Dust had reached his breaking point and went down himself.

"Listen, you moron! We're not the bad guys! We're all hurting a lot, okay?! Bad shit happened to us, too! My brother, my world was ended because of the human! The human that those stupid Stars created! My world was created to be destroyed! I was destined to have a terrible ending- we all were! We're creating a future for ourselves, where we can be happy. C'mon, Cross. Don't you want to be happy?"

After that, Cross joined the group, rounding out the numbers to 6. A small group, but still a forced to be reckoned with. Dust was finally becoming happy again; he had a family again. He never thought he would have something like this again. But he also thought he would never like a human, either. That was...until a certain someone came along...

Word Count: 857