Chapter 82

A year later... 

It's been a year since the magical day of James' and I's wedding and we are going strong. 

Every day I spend with James is amazing, and we have only just started our journey together! 

Today, I am booked in to have our baby. 

Yep, that's right, I'm pregnant with our first child. 

James and I felt that we were ready, because we spent so long dating, and had moved in together from basically the start, it just felt right to have a baby. 

It's been a long and painful 9 months, but I know it'll be so worth it when he or she is put in my arms later today. 

I am booked in for a C-section today because there were going to be complications if I were to have the baby naturally, so the doctors insisted that I go with the safer option and just have a C-section. 

If I'm being honest, I am shitting myself. I guess because I know what the process is when having a C-section as it's been explained to me a million times. 

But even if I had a natural birth, I probably would've been equally as scared. But apparently it's normal. 

My c-section is booked in for 11am, so James and I still have a bit of time, but decide to head to the hospital a bit earlier as they need to prepare me and do whatever they need to do. 

James has been really supportive during these nine months, and will literally do everything for me just so that I don't have to get up off the couch. He reminds me of how Marcus was when Em was pregnant. 

It's cute and all, but I told him he didn't have to as it's good for me to get some exercise. But James insisted he did everything for me so I just let him. 

I am sitting on the couch, with all my bags ready as James walks down the stairs and smiles. 

"You ready babe?" 

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say as I try to lift myself off the couch, but instead struggle with the weight of my belly. 

James walks over to me and puts his hand on my lower back, helping me up and I smile at him. 

"Thankfully I won't be having this issue after today." I say and James chuckles. 

"Yes! And you can finally go get your own food." He jokes and I slap him lightly. 

"Ow!" He wines and I smile. 

"You're such a baby." 

"You married me." 

"You proposed." I say and he laughs as he grabs the bags and we walk out the door. 

James helps me get into the car and I take a seat, grabbing the seat belt and pulling it over my stomach and clipping it in, whilst James chucks the bags in the backseat. 

He then walks over to the drivers side, and jumps in, starting the car and reversing out of the driveway. 

We then begin the short trip to the royal women's hospital. It's the closest hospital for me to even have the baby which is why we chose it. And they have some of the best facilities as well, so it was perfect. 

As we approach the hospital I start to get more anxious. James notices this and grabs my hand, giving it a tight squeeze. 

"You'll be okay baby, the doctors and nurses know what they're doing. What are you most afraid of?" He asks and I sigh, feeling myself getting a bit emotional.