Chapter 79

Saturday 18th of February:

A few more weeks has flown by and tonight, it's our engagement party and I am so excited! I have been counting down this night since it was booked!

It was a pretty last minute thing as we were on a strict time schedule due to James and I wanting to be married before the season starts.

It's around 4:30pm, when the doorbell rings and I jump up off the couch and run to the door, knowing it's Marie, who's here to do my hair and makeup.

Perks of having a family member that a hair and makeup artist is that she's charging me way less than another hair and makeup artist would cost.

"Hey hey!" I say and she smiles.

"Hey! Ready to get glammed up?"

"Of course!" I say as I close the door and we walk through the house and into the study which has been set up for Marie to be able to do my hair and makeup.

I sit down on the chair as Marie sets up her things and I smile.

"Thank you for doing this."

"Tahls, I wasn't going to let you get it done by anywhere else, when you have me."

"True." I say and she smiles.

"Alright, let's do some skin care before we start." Marie says, pulling my hair back into a pony tail, before grabbing out some skin care stuff and applying it on my face.

Once that's done, she begins by applying some concealer...

James walks in when Marie is nearly done with my makeup and he smiles.

"Gorgeous with and without makeup."

"This is probably the first time you've seen me with makeup." I say and he laughs.

"Probably." He says and I smile, as I close my eyes so that Marie can do the finishing touches.

"Alright! Makeup is officially done!" She says and I smile, looking at myself in the mirror as Marie starts setting up her products to do my hair.

"Well, I better leave you to it and start getting ready myself." James says and I smile, as I watch him walk out of the room.

"So what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking like a messy curled ponytail, it's something different you know."

"Hot." She says and I smile, as she plugs the curler in.

"Something like this." I say getting up a photo of it on Pinterest.

"Oh yes, I can do that.. that's too easy!"

"If you say so..." I say and Marie smiles, as she begins to work on my hair....

About half an hour later, she is done, and I am in love with this hairdo.

"Damn, maybe I should've done this for the actual wedding."

"We can do something similar but different for the wedding."