Chapter 15

*This is a continuation from the last chapter so some bits may be distressing to some people. If it is, feel free to skip past until you feel comfortable to read xx 

"You saved me." 

"If you didn't come James, he, he, he." I say chocking on my tears and James doesn't say anything put instead pulls me to his chest, stroking my hair. 

"Shh, it's okay, he's gone for good and will never touch you ever again." James says as I continue to sob. 

I can't believe what nearly happened. I thought Daniel was a good person, I thought he cared about me, but I was wrong. His intention this whole time was to get in my pants, I know that now. 

James does an amazing job to calm me down, so that I'm not breaking down into tears every time I try to speak. 

"Why does this shit keep happening to me?" I say looking at James and he gives me a sympathetic look. 

"I'm sure it won't happen again." 

"How can we be so sure? How can I keep choosing the wrong guy over and over again?" 

"Don't blame yourself Tahls, you couldn't have known Daniel would've done that." 

"But you told me, even warned me and I brushed that at the back of my head and convinced myself he was different... clearly not." 

"I know I told you, but I'm not always right." 

"You were about this though." I say snuggling into his chest and he sighs. 

"Where's your brother?" 

"Out with the boys." I say and he nods, then sighs again. 

"I am so sorry Tahlia." 

"It's okay, nothing actually happened, but I am pretty scared of men now." 

"So you're scared of me?" James asks and I smile, then shake my head. 

"No. I'm not scared of you." I say snuggling into his chest further which makes him smile. 

"Well, I'm glad." 

"It's just I thought trusting guys was getting easier, but after what just happened, I've gone back to square one." 

"Maybe you're not looking at what's right in front of you." James says before getting up and walking over to the kitchen to grab us both a drink. 

"There's no one in front of me." I say looking over and him and he chuckles. 

"Sure there is, you just gotta be more observant." 

"Thanks." I say as James hands me a glass of water before sitting down on the couch. 

"No worries." 

"More observant? I'd like to say I'm pretty observant." 

"No, you're really not." He says with a smirk and I roll my eyes. 

"Alright, I'll try and be a bit more observant then." 

"Good." He says with a smile and I sigh, shaking my head. 

"I just don't understand why he couldn't take no for an answer." 

"Because guys like him they don't understand the meaning of no, that's why." He says and I sigh, shaking my head. 

"It's not good enough." 

"I know it isn't Tahls. I promise you, I will do everything in my power to make sure that you never see that bastard ever again."