Chapter 13

The next week goes by in a blur. 

I basically spent most of it by Ariana's pool as for once, there has been consistent hot days in Melbourne. 

 After a long day of waiting around and doing nothing, I decide it's time to head over to Jame's house as we had organised the other day. It's been a pretty busy couple of weeks so we decided that today would be the best day to catch up, before it gets hectic again with Christmas and New Years.

I head upstairs and change out of my home attire, chucking on a pair of jean shorts and a top as it's going to be a warmish night. 

I look at myself in the mirror, please with my look before I head back downstairs. 

"Have fun." Marcus says and I nod. 

"Thanks." I say walking towards the front door before I stop, turning around and looking at both Em and Marcus. "And don't worry, I'm not going to spend another night there." 

"Said that last time and look what ended up happening." Em says and I roll my eyes. 

"Just go, I don't care where you sleep as long as you're safe and you let me know where you are." my brother says and I frown. 

"Who are you? Where is Marcus and what have you done with him?" I say which makes both of them laugh. "Couldn't you get married like 5 years ago, cause married Marcus is way more chill." 

"Well, I was with Em 5 years ago but we had just started dating." He says and I nod. 

"Alright well I'm off, you two behave." I say pointing my finger at them and they both chuckle. 

I walk out the front door and head to my car, starting the short drive to Worpel's house... 

"Hey, good to see you." James says, pulling me into a hug which makes me smile. 

"Good to see you too." I say as we pull away from the hug and walk through the hallway and into the living room, taking a seat on the couch. 

"You happy that it's school holidays?" James asks taking a seat next to me and I nod, looking at him. 

"Of course, it's just been an exhausting year and I'm glad that we're finally done." 

"I feel ya." He says and I smile. 

"How's training going?" 

"Yeah good, today was our last session then we have that break for Christmas and New Years, then we're back again in early Jan. And that's when things really amp up." 

"Oh yeah how was it today?" 

"Yeah good, Mitchell pushed us hard today and as much as it was a pain in the ass, I can see why he's doing it. Hopefully working out butts off now will pay off in the end." 

"It will." I say and he smiles. 

"Did your brother finish training as well?" 

"Yeah yesterday was their last session." I say with a smile and he nods. 

"Water for a drink?" He asks getting up and walking over to the kitchen and I chuckle. 

"Nah, what wine do you have?" 

"I got your favourite, moscato." He says grabbing it off the shelf and popping the bottle open and I smile. 

"Aw did you buy a new bottle just for me?" 

"Gotta impress you somehow." He says pouring me a glass before walking over and handing it to me. 

"Thanks." I say. "But you've already impressed me."