Chapter 63

*DISCLAIMER* - some people may find some scenes in this chapter distressing, so please feel free to skip past it if you can't read it x 

Monday.

Everyone dreads Mondays.

It's just the day you want to curl up and stay in bed, and honestly I was tempted to do that. Staying in bed with James sounds like a much better idea then going into work.

I get up anyways because I don't wanna let my students down by having a day off for no reason.

I am the type of teacher that is away if I am actually sick, or something has happened that is very important.

I can spend all night with James, so it's no issue. Besides, we spent all weekend together.

James didn't play yesterday and he didn't even go to the game, he couldn't be bothered and I don't blame him. He was supposed to go but he just told Sam Mitchell that he wasn't feeling to well and will just watch the game from home.

I would've forced him to go if I didn't know how he was feeling about the whole thing of getting dropped. He is so hard on himself that I have to remind him about how good he is, how good he can be. Sometimes he doesn't realise it, but if he puts in the effort, it'll pay off and right now, for whatever reason he isn't putting in the effort. So I'm hoping I can somehow motivate him to get back into form and cement himself a spot in the team. But it'll probably take some time.

I wake James up before I leave, saying goodbye to him before walking into the garage and making the dreaded Monday drive to school.

Well, if I knew what was gonna happen, maybe I never would've stepped foot into work at all...

I get to school in no time, parking my car in the carpark before making my way to my office where I begin to plan my lessons for the day. 

I have a full day today, 3 classes to teach, so it's gonna be a bit hectic, but at least my day will go fast. 

Just as I finish writing up the plans for my lessons, the bell goes for the start of period one, so I quickly print off any worksheets I will be giving the kids, before heading out of the office and to the classroom for periods one and two... 

"Morning everyone." I greet my students as I walk into the classroom to the class all sitting in their usual seats and I chuckle. 

"Who exactly let you guys in?" 

"Oh, the door was open and since it is absolutely freezing outside we decided to let ourselves in." 

"Right..." I say. "Well considering it's cold I won't give you guys a lecture about how you're not supposed to be in a classroom unsupervised, but you guys are year 12's, so I trust you'd do the right thing unsupervised." I add as I place my things down on the table before grabbing my phone out to mark the role. 

"Please tell me we're doing something interesting today." Damien asks and I laugh. 

"Damien, when is my class not interesting?" 

"I guess." He says which makes the class laugh. 

I grab a whiteboard marker and walk to the board, standing in front of it and facing the students, beginning to explain what today's double period will look like. 

"Okay, so I do have an exit slip I need you guys to do, so I'll give you an option, you can do it now before we get started, or at the end." I say, not even being able to finish my sentence as the class yells out their answers. 

"Now it is then." I say, walking back over to the table where I grab out the worksheets, and hand them out to each of the students. 

"Miss." Madison says and I stop and look at her.