TRUTH

Asha couldn't believe what she just heard. She waited for her mother to protest on her behalf.

"What do you mean by taking her?" Asha's mom asked.

Stone smirked. "Mrs. Williams....You know exactly what I mean."

"Mom? Mr. Gerald?" She looked at her parents in panic and they both looked away.

"I will give you all 30 days to spend time together as a family. Also, during that time, Asha and I will have date nights to get to know each other better. When the time comes, I want her to be comfortable being here with me....permanently."

"B-But what about college, w-work and my friends?" Asha felt like she was struggling to breathe.

Mr. Gerald spoke up. "Do we have any other choice?"

"Not if you two want to leave here alive. I've given you three years of mercy....don't be ungrateful."

Stone got up and walked over to Asha.... She stood up in fear. His height towered her as she looked up, staring into his light blue eyes. Her initial fear of arriving there wouldn't allow her to really see him. But at that moment, she noticed how handsome he was and felt her body grow warmer. He grabbed Asha's hand and placed a soft kiss on it, causing tingles to run through her body.

He gave her an intense look. "I will see you soon."

She was terrified and turned on at the same time as he walked away.

***

The car ride home consisted of my folks arguing about the could haves and should haves, but I remained silent as I let the reality of my fate sink in. I was taking the consequences of someone else's actions...which is absolutely unfair.

My mother was involved with stealing from someone, whose money was attached to someone with status and power. As for Mr. Gerald, I wasn't really surprised...but my mother?...I was shocked.

"I told you to make sure Kyle gave that money back. You know he's a liar!"

"Lisa, I understand you're upset but you shouldn't have taken the money in the first place."

"We needed that money, Gerald. We were going to lose the house and your son didn't give a shit! How was I supposed to know Kyle took the money from Murello?"

Mr. Gerald smirk. "Why didn't you just ask him? Isn't that how you met your boyfriend Ross?"

My eyes grew wide.

"I already apologized to you, Gerald. But don't act like your dick hasn't ventured outside this marriage a few times."

The car grew silent again.

So that's why they weren't getting along...I knew one of them was probably cheating.

No one is perfect but the more I learned about them, the more disappointed I became.

After a few days, Kyle finally decided to show up to the house. Now I know why he stayed away so much. He spent the first night arguing with our parents and making excuses for him taking a dangerous man's money.

"Josh owed me money...I didn't know the money I was taking from him belonged to Murello! Your wife shouldn't have touched my shit anyway!"

"You shouldn't have hid it in my daughter's room!"

"You wouldn't have know it was in there if you weren't fucking snooping around!"

"I wasn't snooping! I saw you coming out of her room and I wanted to see why you were in there when she wasn't even home."

Mr. Gerald cut in. "We gave you that money back, Kyle...why didn't you pay him back?"

I closed my door, not wanting to hear anymore of their crap. It didn't matter anymore because now I'm the payment for their debt and nothing was going to change that.

I couldn't stop thinking about Stone. Yes, I was scared of him but also very curious. The dreams that I had of a dark figure were now replaced with him and it felt right as if it was him all along.

The next day, I went to work as usual. It took my mind off of the drama going on in my family. I've worked at Diamond Boutique since my freshman year of college and I loved it. The atmosphere was fun and classy, plus I got discounts on all the clothing and accessories.

"Hey, Asha...you can go on break."

My manager told me and I did so...I was craving a mango strawberry smoothie.

I sat in the food court, scrolling on my phone and passing the time.

"Asha, long time no see."

"Jeremy?"

He smiled at me then sat down without me offering him a seat. His presence annoyed me more than frightened me but I still kept my radar up.

"So when are you going to be mine like you promised?"

"I never promised to be yours."

He sipped on his soda while staring at my chest. I had on a black v-neck shirt so it showed some cleavage.

"You don't remember...it's okay. But how about now?...go out to dinner with me. We could have a lot of fun, Asha."

He moved his long jet black hair from his face and bit his bottom lip. Jeremy has never been shy about what he wanted and with him being attractive, usually the girls were all in. I can admit I liked Jeremy too when I first met him but he ruined it being a perv.

"Jeremy..."

Before I could finish my sentence, my phone rang and I answered.

"If you don't want his brains splattered everywhere...I suggest you get away from him."

The phone hung up and I quickly got up and walked away.

"Asha wait!" Jeremy called out to me but I ignored him.

The voice didn't sound like Stone but I knew that call was connected to him. I looked around in fear.

Is this going to be my new life?