25 - Come Back

Han still had his hand around my shoulders while we solved the classwork. I was really racking my head trying to find an answer to the last question.
"The answer is two" Hyunjin announced the third time.
"What happened to six and ninety?" Seungmin rolled his eyes. His comment made Felix and Nikki laugh.
Hyunjin's first answer to the question was nine.
Since Seungmin, who had solved it but didn't want to share, had said the right answer was a small number, he believed it was right.
He tried again when Seungmin said he's wrong and got ninety. It was far from expectations and had made us all laugh.
"But is it two?" Hyunjin asked.
Seungmin glanced from Nikki to Han to Felix and then me.
"It's two. He's contemplating telling us" I snapped my fingers and started working on my answer being two.
"Ish" came Seungmin.
We worked for a while before Han tiredly grabbed Seungmin's book and copied his work. Seungmin was tired of waiting on us so he let him.
"What are we having for lunch?" Felix stood with the books to submit them.
"Anything sugary. My mouth taste bitter. Math tastes bitter" Nikki mumbled.
"Hmm, I feel you baby. Let's eat ice cream afterwards. Math is the worst" Han literally threw his book on the ground. Felix shook his head and left to pick it.
Nikki pinched my legs from under the desk.
"Yes, yes, To you, Han just indirectly asked you out on an ice cream date" I texted her on phone.
She was with hers and smiled widely. She's so deranged.
"Oh. My. Gosh" she texted back with many of the surprised emoji.
"What are you two doing?" I snapped my eyes from my phone and into Hyunjin's eyes.
"Oh, just texting" I shrugged. Should that be a problem?
"About wha-?"
"Want to join our group chat?" Han interrupted him.
"Yes, yes, add me" Nikki raised her hands.
"Tsk. It's boring" Felix was leaving to submit the books.
"Still add me" Nikki smiled. Han nodded and brought out his phone from his bag.
We were quiet for the next twenty minutes that when Felix came back he wondered if we'd become dumb.
"I was wondering though. I don't want to offend you, Emilia..." Seungmin hesitated, "But do you think your parents would come back. Can they come back? Not wishful thinking but are things so bad that they can't come back?".
He received a small bow on his legs.
"That is sensitive" Felix spelled out. But he did look like he needed to know too.
"Would get us Ice cream" Han sped out of the place.
"Well, my dad has someone else. And divorce papers are due by next month so" I added a small shrug.
"I had hoped we could plan a date for them" he sighed. I laughed faintly, "Might have worked. They like food. They could settle with it".
Felix smiled but that was all.
The place became quiet again till Jeongin came and broke the silence by talking about a fight that happened in his class.
He sounded so scared yet excited. It was remarkably cute.
The boys had to go home early that day. It was a Monday so full schedule. Also Awkward Silence had it first win. I was happy for them.
I walked home with Nikki, in silence. She had been whining about Han not getting to go on the icecream date with her.
I pondered if my parents could come back together. Maybe, like Seungmin suggested, there was a way to make them realize the sparks if live they still had.
Because my mom was still obviously jealous that's why she tried selling the house.
And my dad could have easily called the police or a lawyer but he came himself to exchange words, if that counts.
I still don't understand why'd they want to break a marriage of twenty years already.
My mom still had to lose the job when she moved away.
"Hey, hey, Nikki" I tapped Nikki when an idea popped into me.
"What what?" She was startled.
I asserted, "How about I actually plan a date with my parents? Maybe take them somewhere that'd spark old butterflies. They don't want this divorce. But are blinded my pride and anger" I spat the last part.
She looked at me blankly before shrugging, "Where can you take them to? How'd you bring them together?".
I ticked my tongue. I'd have to think of a place from their youth. Maybe where they got married or visited while dating. A place that still some love left.
"But they work in movies doesn't mean they'd work in real life. Just saying" Nikki interjected, raising her hands.
"Cmon, we are living a dream, a movie. Fangirls of Stray Kids to Classmates of Stray Kids to Friends of Stray Kids" I sang, wiggling Nikki's arms.
She smiled, "To, soon, girlfriends of Stray Kids".
I dropped her arms and made a "hmm" sound. She was Turing.
"What?" She asked but I ignored it.
"And how I'd bring them together would just be by one last family meeting which would mean a lot".
"Like say you want them to eat as a family for the last time and ask them about when they first met. Then say things like you don't believe in love to make them feel bad?".
Nikki was reading that from a book. And so far, I knew that was Seungmin's handwriting. It was neat and cursive.
"Did he plan all that before asking me the question?" I took the book from her.
It had an elaborate plan:
Take them to a place that sparks memories.
Speak of their last love together.
Let them know the effect their separation would have on you.
Let them know the effect the separation would have on them.
"This could work. This could really work" I mouthed while making arrangements in my head.

A/N: Hehe. I don't know if the plan would work. What do you think?