18 - The Announcements

Wrote this my 1 am, lol. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn’t know when Seungnim came to class. He had supposedly had a running stomach earlier that day.
  He had sat behind me. He touched my forehead, asking if I was sick since my head was all red.
   But he didn’t know I was still trying to recover from Han babbling to Jeongin about the incident with Hyunjin.
  Baby bread had cringed on seeing the drawing and then told me not to dream of such things. It was so embarrassing yet funny.
And I never even said I dreamt of Hyunjin. I just said if dreams came through. Like don’t I have my own dreams that should come through?   
  I stayed around Seungnim to shield him from Han telling him about the incident.
  “You are possessive of me, today” Seungnim had pointed out when I hurriedly stood besides him during an announcement.
  “You are amazing, that’s why” I nudged. Nikki rolled her eyes.
  She made her usual check to see if Irene was around or her minions. But no one was watching and I hadn’t seen Irene today.
  I felt a quick tickle on my waist. I wriggled and turned to see Hyunjin with an eye smile. Was this flirting?
A student began announcing something in the podium. It was about removing some clubs that weren’t productive and active.
  I was expecting the school president, who was Hyunjin’s inspiration, instead it was the popular Russian boy that was speaking.
  He wasn’t even the assistant. Was this popularity speaking.
  “This boy again?” Seungnim sighed. I nodded.
   He was trouble. Just five weeks in school, and he had allegedly taken the girlfriend of three boys. Even got in a fight.
  “I can’t still place his name. I call him John” I chuckled besides Seungnim. He turned to me surprised while my amused look turned to confusion.
  “Same. I call him John too. Though his name sounds like Yohn but I call him John” he smiled.
  I gasped in relief and nodded. We then kept rapt attention to whatever John was announcing.
  “What?” Nikki exclaimed as well as some other students.
   I had gotten lost a bit looking at Han and Felix playing with each other as it was too cute. I didn’t hear what was announced as I didn’t think it was important.
  “Baseball or Art Club would be removed to lessen financial burden. Baseball team have a game in two weeks. With good chances of winning” Seungnim clenched his fists.
  What the hell was happening! What was John thinking? I still don’t know who made him student president all of a sudden.
   But I’m not happy seeing Seungnim's hobby just go down the drain. No Stay would tolerate that.
   I peeked at Hyunjin to see how he was reacting to Art club being removed. I stood sideways so I can glance at him without him noticing.
  Well, he was watching Seungnim's reaction to the announcement, and since I was besides Seungnim, when I peeked at him, he noticed.
  I looked forward immediately. “Don’t steal glances. Have a good look” he sassed.
  Jeez, I nearly gagged. I never imagined I would think of gagging for Hyunjin, he was perfect and all but the guy was becoming too dramatic.
  “Minnie don’t worry, we’d fight for your team” Han tickled Seungnim but he didn’t move.
   He looked clearly pissed as he glared at John at the podium. His hands still clenched.
  If I should think haywire, I’d say it looked sexy but I brushed it off.
  ‘Minnie’ for Seungnim's nickname was cute. And I found myself smiling. I never heard them use it neither has it been recorded.
  Then again, the perks of schooling with your idols.
  “Yes, don’t worry PuppyM, it’s gonna go on vote poll. Baseball team won’t go” Nikki assured.
   She was meaning that Art club would go but she didn’t seem to car. Maybe cos Hyunjin hadn’t been really friendly go us, or her, cos he’s been paying some attention to me.
  “Yeah, I don’t care if art club go since I can do art anywhere. But you need your team. I’d help draw posters for your team game, okay?” Hyunjin ruffled with Seungnim's hair.
   Seungnim pouted and shook his hand off, “I’m not a dog”.
  The act earned a laughter from the Han and Felix. Nikki and I were melting from the interaction.
   Hyunjin’s soft side with Seungnim was everywhere on the Internet but watching one in real is melting.
  So we started work immediately. I don’t how long before John decides to remove Art club or Baseball club. The guy wasn’t distinct with anything.
   I tried looking for the school president all through that day but I couldn’t see him. Other students were looking for him as well.
  “Ask his girlfriend were he is” Zara suggested. She had come to school during lunchtime while we were creating posters for the game. Since the school was calling it a burden.  
  “Who is his girlfriend?” I raised my brows at her.
  “Irene. She isn’t in school too though. I guess they’re home. Fulfilling dreams” Hyunjin shook his head.
  That piece of information came as a blow to me, not only cos of Hyunjin's sassy coment, but cos Irene was actually the school president's girlfriend.
  Dang, she had connections. Not only could she make mom lose her job, she could also make me lose my grades and get expelled. I really shouldn’t be disobeying her.
  “Yeah, I noticed she isn’t in school. Good for you two” Zara pointed at Nikki and I. We were in front of the boys so I signaled for her to stop.
   The boys just had expressionless faces and didn’t ask what she meant. Made me feel like they knew though I knew they are wasn’t a way they could. 
  “So the school president missed a school day to spend time with his girlfriend and handed the school over to a wuss” Nikki tried to summarize.
  I nodded. Pretty accurate.
  “A hot wuss, excuse you?” Zara added with a smirk.
  Jeez, was she over with Seungnim cos he wasn’t giving her attention, and now over the Russian boy?
  “With a stinking annoying character” I finished off. She gave me a nonchalant look and looked away.
  From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Felix grinning at me. And of course, I wouldn’t meet his grin. I had to protect my cheeks from burning.

Try to vote, and leave comments on your favorite parts. Thanks.