Chapter 22: Determination

3rd POV:

"Well, that was anti-climactic." Jiro commented as the rest of the class nodded their heads.

They were all completely dumbfounded by what had just happened. Kaminari didn't even move and was just getting ready before admitting defeat five seconds later.The class thought that either Kaminari was dumb, which is true, or it had to be Hitoshi's quirk.

"Good job," Aizawa told Hitoshi, who grunted in response.

Kaminari soon woke up from his daze as he looked around him, confused. "Heh? What happened? D-Did I win and short-circuited? " He asked with a smile on his face, pointing at himself.

"N-not really..." Uraraka said quietly, as the blonde boy had a shocked expression.

"You lost, Dunce face." Katsuki told him as he wailed on the floor.

"W-what happened?! I was fine, then he asked me my name, and I lost?!" The class nodded and confirmed as he started gripping his hair, feeling irritated.

"That goes to show that you need to observe your opponent before making a move, especially when you don't know your opponent's abilities or quirks." Aizawa explained as the blonde boy nodded his head and hung his hands low before stepping off of the platform.

The class comforted him for awhile as they brightened him up a bit. Izuku then told the boy that he would've also lost if he went up against Hitoshi, as this made him feel a bit better. Izuku was being honest with his words, he would've also lost if he went up against Hitoshi. From what he gathered from that five second long fight, was that Hitoshi's quirk must have something to do with speech. He appeared to have taken control of Kaminari the moment he questioned him and the other responded.

They all suddenly heard the doors open and saw both Akemi and Kirishima. They both had a couple of bandages, but they reassured everyone that they were okay and could still participate in class. Aizawa nodded his head as the two walked towards the rest.

"Now that the sparring matches are done, let's move on to your self-study session for the upcoming Sports Festival." Aizawa said as the class lined up in front. "Now, during this time, you may train as you wish. You can train your quirks, combat abilities, spar with your fellow classmates, or even ask us teachers for advice. "

"Use this time wisely, young heroes-in-training, since the Sports Festival is a highly coveted event that will be shown on national television for all of Japan to see." All Might told them as the class felt a bit pressured with how big the event was going to be. "Now, Cementoss, if you please." He turned to Cementoss as the hero nodded and slammed his fist on the ground again. The class watched in awe as the battle platform sank to the ground and then pillars of concrete rose up from the ground.

"Now, these pillars will act as a training ground, so use them to your liking." All Might explained as looks of excitement ran across all their faces.

"You may begin."

With those simple words, the class went off and started to train for the Sports Festival.

Most of them were practicing their quirks, combat abilities, or even new moves. Those who were practicing their quirks included Uraraka, Mina, and Sero, as they practiced their quirks together. Iida was running all across Gym Gamma with his engines at full speed, Hikari was flying all over and spreading her dust, and Shoto was training his ice at the furthest back of the gym.

Some practiced their combat skills, such as Jiro and Tsuyu, who fought at one of the pillars. Another pair were Akemi and Hitoshi, as the girl taught the boy a few moves to improve his basic martial arts skills, and Kamika and Kirishima, who were also sparring, sharpening each other's quirks and skills.