Chapter 9: Robotic City Invasion

Izuku POV:

We followed Midnight and Principal Nezu across the U.A. campus towards the next part of the exam, which was the physical exam. The physical exam is revealed to be an obstacle course race at Ground Beta. I was excited and nervous at the same time, primarily excited. I can also tell that Kacchan was excited, too, since I bet he's itching to show how better he is compared to everyone else here. Typical Kacchan, good thing he mowed down a bit after all the scolding I did to him whenever he gets into trouble since we were kids. I bet he'll be bullying other kids he thinks are weaker than him if not for me.

A few more minutes of walking went by as I got lost in my train of thought, and we stumbled upon a vast gate that was probably a few feet higher than the average human height. I'm guessing that this gate would lead to Ground Beta, the sight of the obstacle course.

"Welcome, everyone, to the doors of Ground Beta." Midnight introduced as she turned her heel to face us. "This is the site of the last test of this year's U.A. sponsored recommendation students examination. As I mentioned before, the physical portion of this exam will be an obstacle course." She mentioned it once more, but something about her was different that made me slightly shiver. Midnight covered half of her face with her right hand and rested her arm on her left as he eyes started to gleam a dangerous look as she licked her lips seductively at us. I'm beginning to think that this isn't any ordinary obstacle course.

"Since this is U.A. and your hero sponsors think highly of you, this won't be any ordinary obstacle course." She said as her dominant and sadistic side was shown clearly to us. She stomped her foot to the ground loudly as the gates started to open all of a sudden to reveal Ground Beta as it was a whole damn cityscape. But there was a problem with this city since tower-high robots overturned it! Who thought of this idea?!

"We decided to give a little theme to this year's entrance exam." Principal Nezu spoke as he climbed his way up to Midnight's shoulder. "The theme is Robotic City Invasion!" Loudly exclaimed as he seemed a little bit too happy to let a bunch of teenagers go through a sea of deadly robots. "The obstacle course will start at this entrance gate, and you must navigate through this city to reach the end. Your sponsors will be waiting for you at the finish line. The teachers of U.A., along with myself and our school nurse, Recovery girl, will be in a monitoring room where we will observe you. Midnight mentioned that no foul play would be involved, and you cannot harm fellow examinees. You can use your quirk to help you along the obstacle course." Principal Nezu instructed as we all nodded in complete understanding.

"Well, then, let's get this started. Sponsors, please follow Midnight and me. The rest of you, wait for our signal to when you'll all start your race." Nezu said one last time as he, Midnight, and the hero sponsors left. All Might gave Kacchan and me one last pat on the back and one of his iconic smiles to wish us good luck.

All of us examinees started to wait for the signal as most kept to themselves. At the same time, others conversed with one another. one such examinee was Yoarashi, who went over to Kacchan and started to make some small conversation with him even though the blonde would ignore him or suddenly snap at him. I sighed at him for being so problematic, but I didn't want to bother them since there might be a chance that Yoarashi could get into U.A., and this is a chance for Kacchan to have other friends besides me, Mei.

I wanted to talk with someone as well and make new friends. I looked around and saw that the girl who was able to split herself and the boy who softened the ground were conversing with one another. My eyes soon landed on the black-haired girl with a ponytail. I believed her name to be Momo Yaoyorozu. I decided to walk up to her as friendly as possible not to cause a misunderstanding. When I approached her, I realized she was tall, maybe as tall as Kacchan.